Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Linked Events

• Dan Bank Closed Overnight: July 29, 2010 - July 31, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 02, 2010 - August 07, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 09, 2010 - August 14, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 16, 2010 - August 21, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 23, 2010 - August 27, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 31, 2010 - September 05, 2010

Author Topic: Dan Bank Road Works  (Read 45460 times)

wolfman

Re: Danbank improvements
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 12:03:39 PM »
I don't know if it's because the trees have been cut down but now you can see lots of litter all the way down Dan bank. Lucozade bottles, and the usual McDonalds containers. The sad thing is the litter appears to have been chucked out of vehicles as a lot of it is at the traffic lights.

Barbara

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 09:45:59 PM »
Oh dear, oh dear - kindly leave the stage!!   :D

Water Rat

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 09:00:44 PM »
Is this another example of the "banking crisis" hitting the area?

CTCREP

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »
I agree that consulting local residents over road changes is often not only a waste of money, but it also is likely to provide the wrong conclusion. In many instances Local residents will be well aware of any problems and can make alternative decisions. It is the traffic passing through that is mainly affected, but rarely are these consulted.

Barbara

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 04:19:28 PM »
I would be interested to know how much the mailings to all houses in Marple are costing.  We received the fourth one yesterday, in a good quality white envelope, and it really didn't have anything new to report.  The cost of the leaflet plus the post charges seems rather a waste of money to me.

Howard

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
The "depression" in the westbound lane was repaired last night. It took me 40 minutes from reaching the back of the queue at Bowlers Cattery to get through the temporary lights  >:(. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come when the real work starts.

wolfman

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »
I see that another "Depression" has appeared in the left lane towards Stockport near the bottom.

wolfman

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 07:46:57 PM »
Quite a few large trees have now been culled leaving large open spaces, the view has altered totally but I suppose you can't have a fire without wood.

Victor M

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »
I wish people would read road signs correctly. There is no weight restriction on Dan Bank. The weight restriction referred to is in Derbyshire on Strines Road, the sign only advises drivers that there is a weight restriction in force further down the road. The damage to Dan Bank was caused years ago when heavy quarry wagons where using the road as a rat run to avoid the A6 from the Birch Vale quarry. Derbyshire put the weight restriction on Strines Road to force the wagons onto the A6, but unfortunately too late to stop long term damage being done to Dan Bank.

wolfman

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 09:26:41 AM »
I also signed up for the e mail "newsletter" but have got nowt.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 10:50:47 PM »
One good thing to note from the Dan Bank info site is that 'the "Historical Stones" located in the verge will be identified in preparation for the works over the next few years. Prior to the main works in 2009 the stones will be carefully removed and, after the work is complete, will be replaced in their original position or in the verge between Dooley Lane and Torkington Road.'   This is thanks to pressure from Marple Civic Society to preserve the ancient stone fence posts, so well done to them for that.

I've registered on the Dan Bank site for the email updates ages ago but I've never received one. Has anyone else had more success with this?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »
Just driven into and out of Marple via Dan Bank - what is the point of those signs, the only way a driver could possibly read them is if they were already stuck in a traffic jam (oh hang on - that's most people entering / leaving marple anyway during peak time I suppose!) the writing on them is so small you can barely make out the dates let alone anything else the sign says. Good job we have this site to keep us informed!

Alison

wolfman

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »
Over the last 2 days workers have been chopping trees down and photographing the results.

Belly

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 01:05:20 PM »
If "belly" would like to observe the sign just before 17 windows on the Offerton side towards Marple it clearly states "No HGV access" towards Marple. I have a photo but the site states it is to large to upload.

I think you mis-understand - the signs are saying no HGV's through Marple to New Mills.
May be i should read your posts more carefully Wolfman - yes HGV's should use the A6 where possible except for deliveries in Marple and the surrounding area. Unfortunately there are quite a lot of these!

Belly

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 12:55:52 PM »
If "belly" would like to observe the sign just before 17 windows on the Offerton side towards Marple it clearly states "No HGV access" towards Marple. I have a photo but the site states it is to large to upload.

I think you mis-understand - the signs are saying no HGV's through Marple to New Mills.