Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Linked Events

• Dan Bank Closed Overnight: July 29, 2010 - July 31, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 02, 2010 - August 07, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 09, 2010 - August 14, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 16, 2010 - August 21, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 23, 2010 - August 27, 2010
  • Dan Bank Closed Overnight: August 31, 2010 - September 05, 2010

Author Topic: Dan Bank Road Works  (Read 45458 times)

wolfman

Re: Danbank improvements
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 10:48:12 AM »
If "belly" would like to observe the sign just before 17 windows on the Offerton side towards Marple it clearly states "No HGV access" towards Marple. I have a photo but the site states it is to large to upload.

wolfman

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »
Take a look at this map it shows the signs on all access roads to Marple, Birch vale etc. and there locations. clearly stating no HGV access

http://www.stirlinglloyd.com/downloads/corporate/Stirling%20Lloyd%20Map-Birch%20Vale.PDF

wolfman

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 09:03:54 PM »
If you look closely Marple is ringed by 7.5 tons access only including Dan Bank. That is not to say anybody is enforcing it????

Belly

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 08:50:31 PM »
There is a weight restriction in force already. HGVs are not supposed to go up Dan bank into Marple. They are supposed to go onto the A6. I suppose deliverys to Marple are excempt.

How does that work Wolfman?

There is a weight restriction from the A6 along Windlehurst Road (over the canal bridge). None on Dan bank as far as I am aware.

wolfman

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 04:44:39 PM »
There is a weight restriction in force already. HGVs are not supposed to go up Dan bank into Marple. They are supposed to go onto the A6. I suppose deliverys to Marple are excempt.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »
I know its the main route into Marple.. but not the only route and i wonder why restricting weight even temporarily hasnt ever been considered? 

any ideas?

cos i cant see them halting this as theyve tried several times over the years before so if they take away "some" of the cause.....

Trees.. i dont think they should be dealt with unless they are unsafe!!  THey are a wonderful welcome to Marple/Home  :) and it certainly worries me that if they take some of the bigger ones out the roots, or lack of them will cause more problems in the future maybe they should start looking at the cause rather than the an possibly untested cure??

wolfman

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:38:39 AM »

Monday 29 September

Stockport Council will be introducing single lane working to the A626, Stockport Road, Marple over the next few weeks.

Stockport Council will be introducing single lane working to the A626, Stockport Road, Marple over the next few weeks.

The next works will continue as previously announced on Monday 6th October and are scheduled to take five weeks. During the final three weeks the Council will introduce single lane working between Dooley Lane and Hill Top, using temporary traffic lights off-peak between 7.00pm to 11.00pm.

For more information please visit the Dan Bank web page

wolfman

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 04:16:16 PM »
PS I see nice yellow posters have appeared at the top of Dan bank telling us who is footing the bill for this event.

wolfman

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »
After the torrential downpours of today I noticed the "furrow" in the middle of the carriageway was now more pronounced than ever.

LittleBiker

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 07:25:27 PM »
i think we need to hope and prey they manage to get things right this time, cant see it to be honest and how long before the "repairs" they make to dan bank wear away and more disruption is thrust upon us.i might be on my own here but i use that road day in day out ' for work ' its my main route and i have to say the repairs they have made up to now have been of an apalling standard and have been getting worse by the day.when i say repairs im talking about the small pot holes they supposed to have filled in and made good. so i wait with baited breath to see if there standard of work is raised to an adequate level to cope with todays traffic demands.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 07:08:50 PM »
According to the 2nd Newsletter received yesterday - The next stage of phase 1 involves investigation works to access the slope's stability. Following this, further work will be undertaken to maintain the carriageway until it is fully reconstructed in 2010. The work will involve a single lane closure, managed by temporary traffic lights and will be conducted between the following dates:

Carriageway investigations:
Monday 18th August, Tuesday 19th August, Wednesday 20th August

Carriageway patch repairs:
Thursday 21st August, Friday 22nd August, Saturday 23rd August

Drainage investigations:
Tuesday 26th August, Wednesday 27th August

The work has been planned for August, before the new school year begins, and will be completed overnight, to reduce disruption to local traffic during the day. It is anticipated that the traffic signal control will operate between the hours of 7.00pm and 6.00am

See this link for more info: www.u-to-us.com/danbank/default.asp?pageid=3&groupid=3
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Barbara

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 04:54:11 PM »
It is high time the trees were attended to.  Some of them look very unstable, and I worry that one will come down on top of somebody (remember a few years ago when one just missed the school traffic?) They also block the light from the lamp posts, which causes another hazard.  It will undoubtedly cause chaos when the work is in progress - but just imagine the worse chaos if the road collapsed!!

Diane Chew

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 12:44:38 AM »
<font color='#000000'>The roadway appears now to be on 2 different  levels. There is a large furrow in the centre of the carriageway. The surface further down also appears to be going the same way. I wonder if it will last until they finally shore  it up. The first part of the campaign is "Ecological" I presume that means chopping down the trees at the side of the road to give room to shore up the highway.</font>

I may be onfused here but doesn't removing the trees exacerbate the problem? Surely the tree roots helped support the banking.

Anyway, this one will run and run. Marple Council was wittering about it pre the 1939 war!!

wolfman

Danbank improvements
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »
There are now quite a few extra potholes especially coming towards Marple! Maybe the "pothole" sqad missed them?

wolfman

Danbank improvements
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »
You can also register to receive e mail updates as to the current situation on the web page.