Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Covid19 Information Updates  (Read 19362 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Covid19 Information Updates
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2021, 01:35:33 PM »
I've merged the two threads "Covid19 Information Updates" and "Huge increase in Corana virus cases in Marple and Mellor w/c 20 September 2021"
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

I'm sure malcolm will post the update later today.

I guess it could be secondary school related, as I presume they are testing again in schools?

Looking at the data for Stockport cases are highest in the 5-19 age brackets.  Which makes sense given how few in those groups have been vaccinated.  Cases are also high in the ages which will correspond to people being most likely to be parents. 
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?areaType=ltla&areaName=Stockport

Stockport has the highest rates in Greater Manchester right now.  This is interesting because as the borough's rates have often been on the low end in Greater Manchester.  Makes me wonder - and this is just speculation - if boroughs like Oldham and Bolton now have higher immunity rates caused by high cases in the past.  This could be the cause of higher rates in Marple as we haven't had it too bad.  Like I say, speculation.

andrewbowden

I do wonder if the figures are actually correct. I don't mean I doubt the number of people with COVID,  but I wonder if the timing of reporting makes it look like a big jump, when in fact previous weeks may have been too low and a lot of cases from those weeks are only now being reported.

It could be of course that the figures are correct; I don't know.

The figures are updated daily.  There are sometimes slight delays in reporting data, such as around bank holidays  or because of reporting problems but you are looking at days not weeks.  And such problems covet large areas such as one that exists today which covered Northern Ireland.  The data is published around 4pm daily at https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Basically the data you see quoted is the true picture.  A big spike isn't under reporting.  It's exactly what it is.  A big spike.

GM

I'm sure malcolm will post the update later today.

I guess it could be secondary school related, as I presume they are testing again in schools?

Condate

Has no-one else noticed that there has been a huge increase in the number of Corona Virus cases in Marple and Mellor this week? Marple and Hawk Green has a case rate of 1,397 per 100,000. Marple Bridge and Mellor has a case rate of 1,116 per 100,000. The case rate for Edgeley is 216 per 100,000 and the rest of Stockport about 300. Source: Interactive map of cases Corona Virus in the UK -coronavirus.gov.uk Why has this not been highlighted??????

I do wonder if the figures are actually correct. I don't mean I doubt the number of people with COVID,  but I wonder if the timing of reporting makes it look like a big jump, when in fact previous weeks may have been too low and a lot of cases from those weeks are only now being reported.

It could be of course that the figures are correct; I don't know.

marplerambler

Huge increase in Corana virus cases in Marple and Mellor w/c 20 September 2021
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2021, 06:53:47 PM »
Has no-one else noticed that there has been a huge increase in the number of Corona Virus cases in Marple and Mellor this week? Marple and Hawk Green has a case rate of 1,397 per 100,000. Marple Bridge and Mellor has a case rate of 1,116 per 100,000. The case rate for Edgeley is 216 per 100,000 and the rest of Stockport about 300. Source: Interactive map of cases Corona Virus in the UK -coronavirus.gov.uk Why has this not been highlighted??????

nbt

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2021, 10:32:00 AM »
I wonder out of the 30 who are sadly in hospital, how many have been double jabbed. Is that statistic available ?

Just to add a bit of clarity - being vaccinated does NOT make you completely immune to coronavirus. What it does is drastically reduce the likelihood of you getting it in the first place, it reduces the chances of you passing it on to anyone else and it reduces the changes of you requiring hospital treatment if you you do succumb.

https://twitter.com/NHSMillion/status/1439611018087473162

What this means if you should be vaccinated and you should encourage everyone else to get vaccinated. If people weren't getting vaccinated, the numbers in hospital would be far higher.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2021, 06:12:16 AM »
It was just for information Think maybe its time i called it a day on Marple website .

I knew it was just for info @amazon and I would miss your contributions.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2021, 02:38:53 PM »
Amazon, I don't think that was rothers impled question, statistically with a respective 85.5 & 80.3% vaccination rate.

Its going to highly likely the 30 have been double jabbed and statistically on the older age of the spectrum.

Even with the jab you can still get it but with less likelihood of more serious complications.
It was just for information Think maybe its time i called it a day on Marple website .

GM

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2021, 01:00:17 PM »
Amazon, I don't think that was rothers impled question, statistically with a respective 85.5 & 80.3% vaccination rate.

Its going to highly likely the 30 have been double jabbed and statistically on the older age of the spectrum.

Even with the jab you can still get it but with less likelihood of more serious complications.

amazon

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2021, 12:07:59 PM »
I wonder out of the 30 who are sadly in hospital, how many have been double jabbed. Is that statistic available ?
Just had notification of my flue jab which was cancelled from  tree weeks ago now next sunday at marple bridge doctors .covid booster jab will be next notification going out this week .those who dont want the covid jab must be crazy .

ROTHERS

« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2021, 08:14:51 AM »

Malcolm Allan

« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2021, 07:59:15 AM »
Update on the pandemic

Here's the usual update as at Friday 17th September. Last Friday's figures in brackets.
The rate of infection in Stockport Borough has fallen and is now at 352.7 (389.50) per 100,000 but is back to being above the national average of 337 (407). New cases are down at 148 (163) per day. Stockport NHS hospitalisations in the week to 29th August have dropped to 30 (31).

Vaccinations of a first dose have reached 220,285 (219,948) and we are now at 85.6% (85.5%) of the entire 18+ population. 80.9% (80.3%) of the 18+ population have now received two doses. The schedule and full range of vaccination options for Stockport Borough residents can be found on

www.stockportccg.nhs.uk/news/covid-19-vaccination-options

Malcolm Allan

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2021, 07:51:40 PM »
Update on the pandemic

Here's the usual update as at Friday 10th September. Last Friday's figures in brackets.
The rate of infection in Stockport Borough has risen again and is now at 389.5 (375.2) per 100,000 and is back to below the national average of 407 (344.8 ). New cases are up at 163 (157) per day. Stockport NHS hospitalisations in the week to 29th August have dropped to 31 (37).

Vaccinations of a first dose have reached 219,948 (217,893 2 weeks ago) and we are now at 85.5% (85.2%) of the entire 18+ population. 80.3% (78.9%) of the 18+ population have now received two doses. The vaccination programme is now open to anyone aged 17 years and 9 months, while Stockport has been vaccinating 16+ at pop ups on request. Parents and guardians of clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) 12-15 year old children are receiving invitations to attend vaccination appointments

Malcolm Allan

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2021, 02:16:47 PM »
Update on the pandemic

Here's the usual update as at Friday 3rd September. Last Friday's figures in brackets.

The rate of infection in Stockport Borough has risen again and is now at 375.2 (350.3) per 100,000 and is now above the national average of 344.8 (353.3). New cases are at 157 (146.9) per day. Stockport NHS hospitalisations in the week to 29th August have dropped to 37 (42).

Vaccination data I have this week is not up to date sorry but we have already reached at 85.2% of the entire 18+ population with a first dose and 78.9 % (77.7%) of the 18+ population have now received two doses.

Some data on local cases, for the week to 30th August: Marple and Hawk Green: 20, Marple Bridge and Mellor 15, High Lane 9, Romiley and Compstall 17. 

Thanks for all the responses last week to my question whether to continue!