Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Windlehurst Road Traffic Calming Measures - Consultation  (Read 21166 times)

GM

Re: Windlehurst Road Traffic Calming Measures - Consultation
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 01:28:49 PM »
Whilst i appreciate they are intended to slow down speeding traffic, Stockport needs to actually think how they direct traffic through the limited roads.

There are businesses at the goyt mill and the trailer manufacturer that require HGV acess, thats not even before Marple itself.

They spent billions putting in a bypass and widening the high lane junction, then put humps on all routes through marple including the 20mph in the centre of Marple, Romiley etc.

With the humps along hibbert lane it should be enough to funnel them one way or the other unless they're passing through to strines or marple bridge.

Last thing we want is the another Poynton!.

Deniseredmini

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 05:53:15 PM »
I'm in the same position.  Got an electric mini which isn't wide enough to straddle traffic calming humps.  I can see why they have humps to slow traffic down but would rather have chicanes to slow it down and signage to put off HGVs from going that way.  The residents must despair when noisy lorries go over those humps on Windlehurst at all hours of the day and night. 

jimblob

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 04:23:01 PM »
We've got a new mini and it's a bone-shaker of a ride that way; the whole situation really angers me, that I buy an environmentally friendly vehicle that's being shaken to bits and devalued thanks to our myopic and obessive highways teams and the assumption that it's OK for them to penalise the majority of law abiding motorists whilst monumentally failing in their duties to maintain our roads.
Let's get as many folks to take part in this consultation as we can, not just the residents who live closest but all those who need to use the route as well. Typically, the consultation process for schemes such as this is flawed as it's only made known to those who live in the vicinity of the scheme rather than the many more motorists who are potentially impacted.
The consultation isn't biased, so those who like the measures have their chance to endorse them too.
share share share!

ROTHERS

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 03:40:50 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I have a BMW with run flat tyres, i have to crawl down that road, thus annoying drivers behind me.
I would welcome their removal.

jimblob

Windlehurst Road Traffic Calming Measures - Consultation
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 01:07:02 PM »
Time to air your views.....
the more if us that take part, the better and more accurate the outcome.

https://consultation.stockport.gov.uk/policy-performance-and-reform/windlehurst-road-traffic-calming-measures/