All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Who makes the decisions?  (Read 4323 times)

CTCREP

Who makes the decisions?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 04:34:40 PM »
Who makes the decisions?

We now have Road Humps in Marple, but who made the decision to put them there and why? Were no other proposals made?

Elsewhere we are discussing the benefits or otherwise of Road Humps, and also of Greater Manchester’s Walk Ride  scheme as it relates to Marple.

I have been trying to find information about the Marple Walk Ride Consultation without success, whereas I could access the Romiley Walk Ride Consultation before the Consultation period was over and by which time over 2000 proposals had been made from residents. 

I have since been told there is now a plea from Cllr Thornley to Marple Walk Ride Group members - which I can’t access - for anyone who has anything positive to say about the Road Humps in Marple.

Although there are Road Humps in Romiley these appeared about the same time as the closure of the Walk Ride Consultation, so extremely unlikely to have been the result of the Consultation.

So when, where and how was the Consultation about the Marple Road Humps held.  Why is Cllr Thornely pleading for people to support the Humps - surely Councillors should report their constituent’s preferences, not campaign for one particular approach - and who made the decision to put the Humps there originally apparently without any consultation of the residents beforehand.