Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Low Level Hum, The Ridge  (Read 1212 times)

Howard

Re: Low Level Hum, The Ridge
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 08:39:49 PM »
There have been two threads I remember on the same subject:

One from 2011:
https://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=3800.0

This one from 2014:
https://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=5589.15

Both seem to have been in roughly the same area as this report.

mikes

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 04:29:20 PM »
sounds like tinnitus.  My mum gets this occasionally with the same sounds

amazon

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 11:03:20 AM »
My neighbour has been hearing a low level hum, similar to a generator, for weeks. Initially she heard it only in the house, but she can now hear it outside occasionally.  Its not constant, but can last for 90mins. She has asked other neighbours, nothing.
I thought nothing of it, until a few weeks ago, i heard it at around 330am, i have heard nothing since.
I spoke to her a few days ago (at a distance of course), and she is still hearing it occasionally, and i am concerned its driving her a little stir crazy.
Anyone else heard it ? or experienced similar in the past which may give her an answer.
Was this not reported some months ago by someone .if you can hear it at night there are helicoptors around at night a lot of cars being stolen in all areas compstall is one .

ROTHERS

Low Level Hum, The Ridge
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 10:22:47 AM »
My neighbour has been hearing a low level hum, similar to a generator, for weeks. Initially she heard it only in the house, but she can now hear it outside occasionally.  Its not constant, but can last for 90mins. She has asked other neighbours, nothing.
I thought nothing of it, until a few weeks ago, i heard it at around 330am, i have heard nothing since.
I spoke to her a few days ago (at a distance of course), and she is still hearing it occasionally, and i am concerned its driving her a little stir crazy.
Anyone else heard it ? or experienced similar in the past which may give her an answer.