Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Green Bins  (Read 13300 times)

amazon

Re: Green Bins
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2020, 08:24:28 PM »
Whilst the collection on Monday is welcome it leaves unanswered question e.g. is this collection in addition to the scheduled black bin collection on Monday 13th. If not there is now going to be food rotting in the black bins for some time. On the revised schedule there is a green bin collection showing on June 1st so what is replacing this?

Appreciate everyone's efforts but it is a bit unclear still. (n.b I'm Mellor/ Marple Bridge so Marple's days will probably be different but the principle is the same)

Black bins Monday 13th and one off collection green bin same day.

Dave

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2020, 07:03:23 PM »
This is good news and we owe a big thank you to our councillors who have been working behind the scenes to get this done. Good stuff 😊

corium

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2020, 06:54:39 PM »
Better to check now than have problems later. Nowhere I have seen uses the word "additional" or similar  in relating to the green bins.

andrewbowden

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2020, 06:51:37 PM »
Seems pretty clear to me that it is in addition to the black bin collection not instead of.

corium

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2020, 06:43:13 PM »
Whilst the collection on Monday is welcome it leaves unanswered question e.g. is this collection in addition to the scheduled black bin collection on Monday 13th. If not there is now going to be food rotting in the black bins for some time. On the revised schedule there is a green bin collection showing on June 1st so what is replacing this?

Appreciate everyone's efforts but it is a bit unclear still. (n.b I'm Mellor/ Marple Bridge so Marple's days will probably be different but the principle is the same)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2020, 06:07:41 PM »
And now it's there on the Council site:

https://www.stockport.gov.uk/news/green-bin-collections

Please ensure your neighbours who don't use the Internet / Social Media know too!

Green Bin Collections

Following discussions with our partners, Totally Local Company, we're pleased to announce that our Green Bin collection will operate an ad-hoc service over the next three weeks.

As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, our Green Bin collection was suspended on March 30.

The council has continued to review its service capability on a daily basis in the expectation it can undertake an additional ad-hoc Green Bin collection for our residents.

It currently has the capability to do this and it can announce that it will collect residents' Green Bins from Monday, April 13.

Cllr Sheila Bailey, Cabinet Member for Sustainable Stockport, said:

“We are able to do this because of the amazing commitment of our workforce, delivering a key service during the Covid-19 pandemic and I would like to thank them all.
We have trained some extra HGV drivers to boost our numbers and a small number of others have returned to work after a period of self-isolation.
Whilst we are far from full capacity, we believe we can manage a one-off collection.
However, it is important that we keep our workforce as safe as possible during this terrible period. We have put in place a number of safety measures aimed at doing this; increasing social distancing, providing protective equipment and cleaning our vehicles daily.
We also need to limit the opportunities for spreading the virus as well as being able to continue collection of the Black, Brown and Blue bins so we will not be reinstating the Green Bin collection permanently for the foreseeable future.”

The council will provide one collection of the Green Bin to make sure that they are all empty of food. This will ensure that all waste food that has been put in the bins before the rounds were stopped has been collected.

If your collection day is a:

• Monday then please put your green bin out on Monday 13th April
• Tuesday then please put your green bin out on Tuesday 14th April
• Wednesday then put your green bin out on Wednesday 22nd April
• Thursday then put your green bin out on Thursday 23rd April
• Friday then put your green bin out on Friday 1st May

Residents are advised to continue to put food waste in their Black Bin until further notice as we will not be emptying the Green Bins again until the lockdown is over.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2020, 05:43:27 PM »
One-off Green Bin Collection?

Although it doesn't yet say so on the council web site, the Labour 4 Marple group must have some inside info and are claiming the following:

A one off collection of the green bins will be made to make sure that they are all empty of food. This will ensure we collect all waste food that has been put in the bins before the rounds were stopped.

Residents are advised to continue to put food waste in their black bin until further notice.

The collection will be over the next three weeks.

If your collection day is a Monday then please put your green bin out on Monday 13th April.
If your collection day is a Tuesday then please put your green bin out on Tuesday 14th April.
If your collection day is a Wednesday then put your green bin out on Wednesday 22nd April.
If your collection day is a Thursday then put your green bin out on Thursday 23rd April.
If your collection day is a Friday then put your green bin out on Friday 1st May.

PS: you should be able to use this link to determine your next bin collections based on your postcode:

https://www.stockport.gov.uk/find-your-collection-day

PPS: don't blame me if this is wrong :)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Deniseredmini

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2020, 04:56:22 PM »
On our usual collection list.  Its the day of our next brown bin collection.  I followed the link on Condate's post yesterday.

amazon

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2020, 03:30:07 PM »
Aaah I had got 6th April in my head as being the day they were going to do the blue bins under the new timetable.  I see we have to go to 18th April now.  Its full already  :(
Were does it say 18 aprill

Deniseredmini

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
Aaah I had got 6th April in my head as being the day they were going to do the blue bins under the new timetable.  I see we have to go to 18th April now.  Its full already  :(

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2020, 10:13:51 PM »
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Condate

« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2020, 03:58:25 PM »
Anyone know why the blue bins weren't emptied on Monday in Marple Bridge?

As Amazon says, they are emptied with the brown bins

https://www.stockport.gov.uk/bins-and-recycling-coronavirus

Digster

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2020, 03:56:34 PM »

They were not due under the new timetable

amazon

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2020, 03:53:35 PM »
The 20th with the brown one .

Deniseredmini

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2020, 03:50:08 PM »