RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Claire Vibert: Labour Candidate for Marple North  (Read 18310 times)

andrewbowden

Re: Claire Vibert: Labour Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2019, 10:33:32 PM »
A clear case for gathering some more exacting statistics so as to justify any costs to the taxpayer by building a compelling and affordable business case. I'm always happy to be wrong in the face of accurate statistics

I'm sure Life Leisure have all the data you - and the council - need.

jimblob

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2019, 10:28:47 PM »
£38,000 would be the figure if only the 130 people who spoke to Claire used it. Many people did not talk to Claire.  I didn't.  My son didn't.  My daughter didn't.  My partner didn't.  We are all pool users.  That's four extra people without even trying.

I put it to you that your cost per user is a inaccurate and not based on facts.
A clear case for gathering some more exacting statistics so as to justify any costs to the taxpayer by building a compelling and affordable business case. I'm always happy to be wrong in the face of accurate statistics

andrewbowden

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2019, 10:17:37 PM »
One could look at this statistic and using a theoretical figure of £5m to build a new pool, put the cost at roughly £38,000 per potential swimmer! Can we justify such a cost when there are other pools within a relatively small radius and when local government is under such tight financial constraints? Where will the money come from?

£38,000 would be the figure if only the 130 people who spoke to Claire used it. Many people did not talk to Claire.  I didn't.  My son didn't.  My daughter didn't.  My partner didn't.  We are all pool users.  That's four extra people without even trying.

I put it to you that your cost per user is a inaccurate and not based on facts.

jimblob

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »
Having a new swiming baths most of the money will come from sport england .other grants available allso .
Reading up on a couple of case studies from Sport England. I'm.not sure they work at quite the level to pay for "most" of an entire swimming pool. I very much suspect we'd be several million short of the price tag

jimblob

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2019, 09:41:43 PM »
It would be very interesting to see the actual numbers involved and to build a justifiable business case. Sport England primarily lottery funded although about 1/6th funded from the Exchequer, so in reality all still public money if you regard the national lottery as a stealth tax on the financially vulnerable rather than as an altruistic and wholly voluntary funding mechanism.

amazon

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2019, 09:28:47 PM »
Please elaborate Amazon.

Having a new swiming baths most of the money will come from sport england .other grants available allso .

jimblob

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2019, 09:17:39 PM »
YES well justified .
Please elaborate Amazon.

amazon

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2019, 08:45:40 PM »
One could look at this statistic and using a theoretical figure of £5m to build a new pool, put the cost at roughly £38,000 per potential swimmer! Can we justify such a cost when there are other pools within a relatively small radius and when local government is under such tight financial constraints? Where will the money come from?
YES well justified .

jimblob

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 08:22:11 PM »

Claire Vibert

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 06:39:16 PM »
Just an update to let you know that I held a successful street stall in Marple on Saturday. The aim was to gather the views of the local community on the continued closure of the pool, and what they'd like to see in the future. Over 130 people got involved and many commented that they were pleased to be able to show what the pool means to them. I've created a word cloud which gives a flavour of the comments - I'll attach the image here. I know work is ongoing on this issue and felt it was important to engage with the community, so thanks to everyone who contributed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

andrewbowden

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »
If that is the map for admission to Marple Hall School then it needs updating.  There are children in Compstall who haven't got into Marple Hall this year.

Unfortunately being in the catchment area doesn't mean you'll get in..

tigerman

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 04:36:37 PM »
If that is the map for admission to Marple Hall School then it needs updating.  There are children in Compstall who haven't got into Marple Hall this year.

andrewbowden

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 09:04:22 AM »
I walk my lad home from St Marys school back up Brabyns brow and onto Station Road. See very few parents doing this from St Mary’s or Ludworth. Time to get fit Marple and stop ferrying kids about on short journeys.

Perhaps related to the fact that there aren't that many houses actually in Ludworth's catchment area that way?
https://assets.ctfassets.net/ii3xdrqc6nfw/3ILPK16zGoymcIuKMQWmAw/4cbedd47e8eba41c3cbbdcebc89ffe6f/marple_hall_school_map_aug12.pdf

jimblob

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 08:53:59 AM »
I walk my lad home from St Marys school back up Brabyns brow and onto Station Road. See very few parents doing this from St Mary’s or Ludworth. Time to get fit Marple and stop ferrying kids about on short journeys.
Maybe some of them are at work?

red666bear

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 10:29:44 PM »