Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Missing Chicken - Long Shot  (Read 7953 times)

amazon

Re: Missing Chicken - Long Shot
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 08:44:14 PM »
Good news; bold as brass, she's just strutted back into the garden as if she'd just been for a leisurely stroll.

:)

RH,
Women very unreliable .

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »
Good news; bold as brass, she's just strutted back into the garden as if she'd just been for a leisurely stroll.

:)

RH,

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »
She's out again!

At about 6pm tonight a visiting friends dog spooked her and she flew over the garden gate. Can you PM me if you spot her (have checked the Con Club already!)

Many thanks,

RH.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 07:20:28 PM »
Thanks Bonny but I suspect that's a coincidence. I believe there are some homes around the Romper that also keep chickens - the one loose around there was probably associated with one of those homes. It would be rare for a chook to wander that far (even if it was fleeing a fox). Mind you, if it was ours, hope she's been adopted by a good home (as opposed to the pot ;) ) as nothing has been posted about a "found" chicken from that vicinity....

RH.

Bonny

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 12:10:55 PM »
Hi
On the same day as the chicken was loose on the bridge at the ring o bells there was another loose opposite the Romper. Hope it helps.

Howard

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 11:33:36 PM »
Guess we'll have to get a couple more at the weekend to keep her company. Alas live ones are somewhat more expensive than Asda's :(

Ahh...but if you get the right sort then you can have free chickens for the rest of your life!

Glad you managed to save one.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 10:28:42 PM »
One chook is back in it's (repaired) coop. Looks lonely, and a bit battle scarred, but probably doesn't realise the alternative fate of at least one, realistically both, of her pals!

Guess we'll have to get a couple more at the weekend to keep her company. Alas live ones are somewhat more expensive than Asda's :(

RH.

amazon

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 12:24:35 PM »
Haha, that put a smile on my face (not that I'll explain it to the boy ;) Thanks Amazon.

As to Admin and Gaz, those posts sound positive for 1 or perhaps even 2 to be alive. We have e-mailed the vet's and will let you know any news tomorrow...

Thanks all!

RH.
Glad you have sense of humour some havent , hope you find them

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 10:15:09 PM »
Try Asda .

Haha, that put a smile on my face (not that I'll explain it to the boy ;) Thanks Amazon.

As to Admin and Gaz, those posts sound positive for 1 or perhaps even 2 to be alive. We have e-mailed the vet's and will let you know any news tomorrow...

Thanks all!

RH.

gazwhite

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 08:56:35 PM »
There is a Facebook group called SK6 watch which I'm banned from for sharing a joke about an ice cream van... but...

There is a mention on there about some chickens up by the Con Club on Church Lane - about 10am today.

Hope you find them.

moorendman

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 08:35:03 PM »

amazon

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 08:26:25 PM »
Hi Phil, the vet on Hibbert Lane has one of your chickens, no word of the other though :(
Try Asda .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:49:01 PM »
Hi Phil, the vet on Hibbert Lane has one of your chickens, no word of the other though :(
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rudolph Hucker

Missing Chicken - Long Shot
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 07:13:06 PM »
OK so this may not be a crime as such but last night Mr Foxy Loxy visited and took at least one of youngest child's Chicken Lickens. 3 are missing, at least one dead judging by the feathers spread around the garden. However where are the others. Have you by any chance seen 2 chickens in the Church Lane, Brickbridge, Waterside area? If so, please let me know through this forum.

Many thanks,

RH.