A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Friends of Marple REC  (Read 17134 times)

Condate

Re: Friends of Marple REC
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2017, 08:22:40 PM »
This thread is a reminder that there are actually only two kinds of people: the people who get things done, and the people who moan about the people who get things done!

Perhaps four kinds of people : the people who get things done which should be done; the people who get things done which are not necessarily wise , people who moan about the people who get things done which are not necessarily wise and people who moan about people who get things done regardless of whether it was wise or not. Remember the politicians' fallacy from 'Yes Minister'. "Something must be done. This is something. Therefore it must be done".

As for the orchard; it's there now, so that battle is lost. There's no point going on about it now; we need to make the best we can of the situation as it is and remember, nobody doubts the sincerity of those responsible.

Tillyed1

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2017, 07:42:38 PM »
"Do any of them live near the Rec ? "  what's that got to do with it !?

Victor M

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2017, 05:55:19 PM »
Do we know who is a member of Friends of Marple Orchard, how you get in touch with them or is it MESS, and do any of them live near the Rec?

Razzle24

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »
As a local resident it appears that MESS & Incredible Edible by default have taken on ownership of the Rec why don't they form a Friends of the Rec?

The rec has been run down for a  number of years, and no one was interested in doing anything about it.  As soon as a group like Mess tries to do something positive for the community people start moaning.  Mess have not taken ownership of the rec.

Victor why don't you and Sanya form 'Friends of the Rec' and do something about the drainage and goal posts.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2017, 02:48:20 PM »
As a local resident it appears that MESS & Incredible Edible by default have taken on ownership of the Rec why don't they form a Friends of the Rec?

In February @geoff-t seemed to be saying that's what they had done:

The only problem with starting a Friends of the Rec NOW is that there is a Friends of Marple Orchard already set up.   Who is going to do what?  FoMO have already talked about reinstating the playground, restoring the goalposts and reopening at least one toilet.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Victor M

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 02:26:44 PM »

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2017, 01:50:30 PM »
Sanya - the new trees will act as drainage.

What a lovely view you will have, gorgeous blossom in spring, lovely changing leaf colour in the autumn and free fruit. Lots of fresh air too.

Well done to everyone involved, such a brilliant local thing to have.

Dave

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
This thread is a reminder that there are actually only two kinds of people: the people who get things done, and the people who moan about the people who get things done!

The orchard is a great scheme - hats off to all those who went to the time and trouble to organise it.

As the Cannonball Kid rightly said:
I can't believe the amount of negative comments on this topic...... we live in a lovely area and this is only going to enhance it

Razzle24

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »
Sanya - rather than complaining why don't you take the lead in setting up a committee to solve the:
"REC needs drainage, goal post and revival of playground" issues that you describe.

sanya

“REC Orchard “Graveyard” visitations”
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2017, 10:43:42 PM »
Dear Maureen Matthews, why didn't you have this orchard in the gardens on longhurst lane / Parkside?
As a resident with a front view of the new orchard in the Rec, I have been puzzled for the past few weeks about the orchard REC visitors.   Personally, it feels more like graveyard visitations.
Most of the visitors look like they are having remembrances or saying prayers for 10 minutes and then they leave.
It became clarified to me from the comments on the  MESS and Icredible Edible web presents :
“one family had the ashes of a loved one to add to their tree's roots”
“great atmosphere and fantastic way to remember our loved ones.” 

Certain people from MESS visited the local churches and asked them to put pressure on Stockport Council to get approval for the swift go-ahead of planting the Orchard in REC. They got it in 2 days.  You call this democracy!!??

I was told as the rest of the REC locals that the REC’s Orchard  is going to be recreational/ educational ground BUT not to be a graveyard remembrance place!
 REC needs drainage, goal post and revival of playground ...not ghosts. :)

sanya

“Pulling the wool over the eyes of the people from Marple REC”
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2017, 09:13:51 PM »
Yes,  the only problem is that 70 households around REC have knowledge about plans of starting the Friends of Marple REC and their agenda. 
Yes, majority of those 70 households never heard about Friends of Marple Orchard and never been approached by their representative.
When was this group formed?
Hi @geoff-t
The orchard is here and done.   
So far:  you have had no communication of any kind with the local REC people or Marple community. 
NO voice of any kind of constitution for Friends of Marple orchard!
You have clearly made this Friends of Marple Orchard up, just to get the community on your side and to plant the orchard in the REC. Disgrace. You have made false promises, like the Conservatives, and have done NOTHING.     
In the last meeting of Incredible Edible it was clear that Orchard supporters have NO agenda and NO interest in improving or reviving REC.
Well done “Geoff-t”. You have killed one very enthusiastic local community initiative that could benefit all Marple for the sake of the 75 trees.    Cheers.

Condate

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2017, 09:07:33 PM »
I can't believe the amount of negative comments on this topic, the forum should be renamed the moaning community forum & noticeboard.

Good people taking the time and effort to make a difference to the local community then having to read some of the daft and ill informed comments on here.

To those who gave up their valuable time to plant the trees I'm grateful, we live in a lovely area and this is only going to enhance it, to those moaning negative smart ar*e's lighten up and get a life.  >:(

Rant over, have a great Easter everyone, peace and love :)

I don't think anyone denies that the people who organised this meant well. Time will tell if what has been done enhances, or diminishes the area. What's done is done and we'll have to deal with it. I don't think there's any point arguing about it now. It will become clear in years to come and we can discuss things then.  No doubt there will be plenty of other topics to discuss in the mean time.

Tillyed1

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 02:25:09 PM »
I can't believe the amount of negative comments on this topic, the forum should be renamed the moaning community forum & noticeboard.

Good people taking the time and effort to make a difference to the local community then having to read some of the daft and ill informed comments on here.

To those who gave up their valuable time to plant the trees I'm grateful, we live in a lovely area and this is only going to enhance it, to those moaning negative smart ar*e's lighten up and get a life.  >:(

Rant over, have a great Easter everyone, peace and love :)

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »
My family and I love the new orchard.
Its going to look lovely every spring. Then the rewards of fruit in the autumn.
We need more trees to produce fresh air and help with well being.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2017, 12:11:00 PM »
So the trees have been planted - great  - and I LOVE the nice geometrical grid pattern of the planting. SO natural!

Yes, I know about the mowing but it should have been possible to satisfy natural aesthitics AND the mowers.

(And I'd have thought they were planted too close together even for dwarf specimens to grow healthily.)