All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 2754 times)

Tricky

Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 12:03:34 AM »
Couldn't agree more.

Well said.
meh

Mike in Marple

Thank You
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 09:52:02 PM »
While I agree with many of the comments in this Forum, and I agree that things do need to be done to improve Marple (especially regarding Anti Social Behaviour, Litter and Hanburys), I think that it is important to stress that it is not all bad in Marple.

Some members (and I by no mesure mean all members) concentrate on the negatives of Marple.  I say lets concentrate on the positives of Marple.

The work of the Stockport Ranger has greatly improved the litter problem in the District Centre and outlying areas.  The community work of PC Francis has been a great help in keeping us all informed of what is going on.  The Stockport Council has done an excellent job in removing a large amount of graffitti from the town, from a list of graffitti put together by Marple Business Forum.

The work of Brian Nash and all members of the Marple District Centre Partnership has resulted in the success of securing EU money to fund not only the refurbishment of the precinct in Marple, but also the upcoming refurbishment of the Chadwick Street Car Park.

And Peter, who not only sits on the Friends of Memorial Park, but is involved with the Iron Bridge and the Locks Hertitage Society.  If more people took and active role like Peter, Marple would be a much better place.

And Mark, who spends what must be a lot of his time in providing this valuable site for the people of Marple.  May I say on behalf of the members, "We appreciate it, thank you".

While I accept that there is more to do to improve Marple, lets not forget to thank those who have and are working to improve Marple.  And lets be proud in what people in Marple have achieved, for the people of Marple.