Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: The Elections  (Read 2425 times)

alan@marple

The Elections
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 11:14:50 AM »
Election time will soon be with us and no doubt we shall all soon be receiving doorstep promises from canvassers and candidates, all in good faith of course.

In fact the last time I had a visit was just before the last election.

I often wonder if our elected representatives read this forum because I cant remember ever reading anything from them although they all have email addresses.

What I would really like to see in Marple during the run in to the National and Local Elections is a public meeting of all the candidates, something run like  " Question Time" with an independent Chairman (or person if you like).Perhaps the Community Council might be interested in organising this?

The one question I would ask to all candidates is this.

"Why do you wish to be a councillor, what is your motivation for doing so and would you do it if the only payment you received was for expenses only"

I really am unsure as to how I am going to cast my vote this year, but one thing is certain, I will certainly vote, and so the answers to these questions would be of great help to me.

Perhaps admin might consider a special "election" heading for the ensuing months???