Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Dog poo fouled footpaths  (Read 42694 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Dog poo fouled footpaths
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2015, 07:17:30 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3035127/100-spot-fines-dog-walkers-don-t-poop-scoop-bags-public-outrage-waste-grows.html

This is a good idea !

No, this is a silly idea. Sounds like an item in, 'Have I got News for You,' probably is.

' Assume the Position and show us your poo bags . '

Typical Daily Mail. Why does every headline in the DM contain the word OUTRAGE.

nbt

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
It might look like a good idea, but how will dog wardens know whether people are carrying poo bags?  Or will they be empowered to conduct a full body search   :o

*imagines*

Can you show me your dog poo bags?

No? Here's a fine.

What's that sorry? You have them? Well you should have show them to me when I asked.

Can't see the problem myself. If you can't prove you have them by showing some, you get fined.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Dave

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »
It might look like a good idea, but how will dog wardens know whether people are carrying poo bags?  Or will they be empowered to conduct a full body search   :o

SHG

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2015, 10:40:21 AM »
Hello,
@Pink Panther - as a committee member of Marple RUFC, I would like to thank you for your efforts to help stop the fouling of the pitches.

It has been an issue for a number of years and no signage, bins (burnt down) has been able to reduce the amount. This is a constant issue brought up within committee meetings due to the 200+ children using the pitches on Sunday and the obvious health risks.
We do our best to scan the pitches before they begin their sessions and touch wood have not had an accident so far.

As the pitches are mainly used in the evenings, it is difficult for members to keep an eye on them, so i'm glad to hear that other locals are able to assist.
I am a dog owner myself (small border collie) and will personally keep an eye out for this gentleman and pull him up if i see fit. - I keep a large amount of poo bags in my pocket and take great pleasure of providing one to an owner who hasn't picked up their dogs business!(you should see some of their faces)

Thanks again,
Simon

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2015, 04:56:30 PM »
I hope you get the details that you need to report him @Pink Panther

Today I had to pick up this one in the Infants Play Area, left for the first unsuspecting toddler to stumble on. Dogs aren't allowed in the play areas for this very reason!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 11:12:39 AM »
I have messaged you Mark .   There is someone who comes to the rugby pitch to walk their dog , a while back  my husband had a conversation with him and this man told him he does not bother to clean up after his dog, he was so brazen about it, my husband thought he was joking .  My son recently saw the same man with his dog ( black labrador ) down the middlewood way  and he did not clean up after his dog, my son is only a child, so did not approach him .   He comes to the rugby club field  in his car and parks in the middlewood way car park ( not the rugby club car park ) , he is probably in his late sixties, early seventies.   I am waiting to see him again and I will get his car reg number and report him myself .  I cant report a man with a black lab, as some mornings there are several black labs on the field , but he is the only owner of a black lab I have seen come in a car .  If anyone knows who this man is, then please feel free to send me a personal message . Please do not name him on here .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2015, 07:50:38 PM »
This evening I've reported the person who allowed their dog to foul the path right outside my house at 11:07am. The owner can been seen "picking up" on my security camera but it was obviously a half-hearted attempt as this is what was left behind. I had to pick up the remains and scrub and disinfect the pavement to ensure that my 3 young grandchildren and other visitors to our house did not step in it as it is right in front of our path.

It will be good to hear what the dog warden has to say and if he is interested in seeing the video evidence.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2015, 09:51:22 PM »
Thanks for letting us know @Pink Panther, I had to clear up 3 lots around the flowerbeds for our task day yesterday too.

Please do report it to using the links.

To answer your question about CCTV, we've had a single camera installed that looks at the bowling green and buildings, the toilets, play area and front of library. In fact I'm going to a meeting about it tomorrow and waiting for a demo of how it works. But there won't be any more cameras installed in the near future and we only got this one with some heavy string-pulling by local councillors.

The walk to and from school along Cross Lane has been much better recently, which is why I've not posted anything here for a while. The Middlewood Way seems better too, although I suspect a lot of it is not visible in the undergrowth now things are shooting up.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2015, 08:11:27 PM »
Took my lab to Marple Memorial park this morning, unfortunately had to watch where I was walking on more than one occasion on the grass there .... what is wrong with people, was there talk of more CCTV , will this happen.... , would not mind but there are ample bins there, and dog waste can be disposed of in the public bins so no excuse !! Will email relevant people when i get home from work tomorrow,  it gets me so cross.  Unfortunately the Marple rugby pitch field is bad at the moment too , and I'm sure everyone knows kids and adults play sports on their, it really is disgusting .... these dogs are not on their own walking, they are with owners :(

chicken lady

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 10:36:45 PM »
Sorry Admin, I haven't done the quote and Dave's reply properly, iPad not playing!

chicken lady

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »
It certainly seems like there's movement ( if you'll pardon the pun) on the dog poo front.

Quote from: chicken lady on March 20, 2015, 08:53:01 PM
I now live in a very rural area, and find that very few of the local people pick up the poo, and the verges of our lane are now dog poo alley, not very nice when you have to leap onto the verge to avoid the tractors! The 2 worst culprits here are a Police officer and a PCSO, says it all really.

The laws about dog fouling apply to pavements, footpaths, parks, sports field, and roads where there is a speed limit of 50 mph or less.   They do not apply to bridleways, byways, and country lanes where there is no speed limit.  The rule there is quite simple - watch your step!   

A week ago I contacted our local council (not Stockport) about the problem and 3 days later the dog warden was seen in our lane, speaking to dog walkers and putting up posters. The poo is noticeably less.
Result!

Cyberman

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2015, 09:03:39 PM »
They are doing something similar in the East London borough of Barking (!) and Dagenham. See BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32495924. Could we persuade SMBC to adopt this policy?

There was a large pile of the stuff in the alleyway at the end of Willow Grove earlier this week. Reported it to the council and it was removed the next day.

corium

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2015, 07:02:54 PM »
Interesting article in the Times today re Baltimore where only dogs that have been DNA tested ( & I think chipped) are allowed in public parks - big fines for those whose dogs aren't. but of course this requires wardens to monitor it & analyse the "evidence".

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2015, 04:45:35 PM »
Pleased to report that since my complaints to street cleaning about Cross Lane and the route to Rose Hill School things have been much better, clearly there has been some level of cleaning by the council going on and the Dog Warden van was parked on Cross Lane yesterday too. Big improvement that maybe the result of my complaints, maybe not, but worth trying if you have problems in your area.

The park is still much the same, although my wife saw the Dog Warden in there recently too. Friends of Brabyns Park have raised the issue of dog fouling in parks with the Stockport Greenspace Forum (the umbrella group for all Stockport Park Friends' Groups) and they are now collecting views from all local groups with the intention of talking in more detail about borough-wide policies on dogs in parks and dog fouling with the council.

Obviously if the situation deteriorates on the school run I'll be back on the case and hope everyone else is complaining rather that put up with the mess.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website