Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: William Wragg - The Conservative Party Candidate  (Read 25968 times)

simonesaffron

Re: William Wragg - The Conservative Party Candidate
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 12:34:11 PM »
Yes, he turned a huge deficit into a large majority.

I used to see him about everywhere during the campaign so he was obviously working very hard. From what I saw and heard he was the best candidate and deserves his victory.

I think that he should be given a chance and I'm going to do just that.

Five years should be more than long enough. If I'm still here, I'll judge him then. 

As for the Semms Rd, it  is being driven by Manchester Airport purely and simply as an economic benefit to them, for the rest of us, particularly if you live in High Lane it is a disaster.   

Dave

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
I think that's a bit harsh.  Wragg didn't 'look ignorant' at all!  We all know that backbench MPs do not generally ask questions of the Prime Minister in order to receive new information, and indeed Cameron did not say anything in his reply which Wragg and the rest of us didn't already know. 

When backbench MPs pop up at PM's Questions, their purpose is simply to demonstrate to their electorate that they are busy representing our interests.  In other words, it's purely for show.  That's not a criticism, it's just how things are.   

Wragg was elected with a clear majority, and we should give him a chance to show what he can do, even those of us who didn't vote for him! 

wheels

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 11:33:46 AM »
But he should know as he was a member of the LA which is driving this forward. Talk about jumping on a bandwagon and making himself look ignorant when he has already been provided with all the information.

Duke Fame

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 10:49:57 AM »
Just seen Willy Wragg asking Cameron a question re the Hazel Grove by pass. A better example of not knowning where an issue is up to would have been hard to witness.

Hence the question? The airport link road is an embarrassing reflection on the inabilities of local authorities.

wheels

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 12:27:57 PM »
Just seen Willy Wragg asking Cameron a question re the Hazel Grove by pass. A better example of not knowning where an issue is up to would have been hard to witness.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 08:09:43 PM »
Here's a report on William Wragg's Maiden speech to Parliament this week:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/whos-hazel-grove-william-wragg-9508634

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Harry

Re: Well done
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 05:28:35 PM »
And I would have replied the same.  Just because you're in first class doesn't mean you're wasting money. If he's working we're getting better value for money than if he went standard class.

Not forgetting that, unbelievably, on some services First Class costs less than Standard Class. So you get food, drink and wifi for less than the people in standard have paid. Luckily some people are just too stupid to check the prices.

Howard

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 04:51:57 PM »

I would have said the same if it had been lisa smart .

And I would have replied the same.  Just because you're in first class doesn't mean you're wasting money. If he's working we're getting better value for money than if he went standard class.

amazon

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 03:11:14 PM »
That's a snidey little remark. If you know when you're travelling you can book tickets for as little as £40 on First Class. If you take into account that you are served free food and get free wifi which you have to pay for in standard class, it works out about the same.

I would have said the same if it had been lisa smart .

Duke Fame

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »

If only Marple were still in Cheshire!  William would then surely qualify for the "special rate" enjoyed by other Cheshire MPs.

George Osborne in 'first class ticket row'

I agree with Howard, you can do a bit of work in first class although in fairness it looks like Ozzy is just being showd a site of unusually shaped vegetable and imaginative orifices.

sgk

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 10:20:26 PM »

An unnecessary remark too, probably he used the Lisa Smart ticket that Stunnell had put by for her.

If only Marple were still in Cheshire!  William would then surely qualify for the "special rate" enjoyed by other Cheshire MPs.

George Osborne in 'first class ticket row'

moorendman

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 09:21:03 PM »
 An unnecessary remark too, probably he used the Lisa Smart ticket that Stunnell had put by for her.

Howard

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 06:06:12 PM »
First class to London never to be seen again .

That's a snidey little remark. If you know when you're travelling you can book tickets for as little as £40 on First Class. If you take into account that you are served free food and get free wifi which you have to pay for in standard class, it works out about the same.

corium

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 04:47:56 PM »
Whether you voted for him or not let's see what he does. I use theyworkforyou.com  - you used to be able to get a tweet everytime your MP spoke in the House, it seems to be an e-mail alert now but I suspect the principle is the same. I think only covers the house rather than committees but lets see what he says on out behalf...or not.

amazon

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
Well done to William Wragg.
First class to London never to be seen again .