To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Who are the candidates and who's got your vote?  (Read 59895 times)

Bowden Guy

Re: Who are the candidates and who's got your vote?
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2015, 04:38:46 PM »
Just spotted a chap on Market Street wearing a bright red T shirt with the slogan "Lisa Smart - Putney Reject".....

wheels

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
The increased number of labour posters is really noticeable this time. In elections gone by you'd do well to spot any at all. Mr Wragg will be pleased.

The coalition government has done an outstanding job on the economy, compared to which everything else is a bit of a sideshow. There are pledges and politicking, and there is the real world, and in the real world they have been an excellent government.

Henry an increase poster display is a normal tactic for a week third or fourth party. The vast majority of Labour posters will be previously identified Labour members and supporters. A tactic of a party too weak to do very much and who will not win is to get posters out to give the impression of support in the hope of building for the future. It says nothing about the election whatsoever.

Henry_

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2015, 07:23:10 AM »
The increased number of labour posters is really noticeable this time. In elections gone by you'd do well to spot any at all. Mr Wragg will be pleased.

The coalition government has done an outstanding job on the economy, compared to which everything else is a bit of a sideshow. There are pledges and politicking, and there is the real world, and in the real world they have been an excellent government.

wheels

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:09 PM »
I am with you Duke, I will vote Lib Dem. No surprise there I expect. I actually think they have done an outstanding job in coalition. In fact I think the coalition as a hole has done exceedingly well other than cuts to local goverment. Marplerambler I think Duke is correct in that you cannot assume that because your "right" everyone agrees with you. We in Marple in the main don't.

Duke Fame

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2015, 06:11:34 PM »
Straw polls of posters outside houses are all very well. Rose Hill was a sea of orange prior to the LibDem coalition helped the Tories to  destroy our NHS, our roads  and public transport subsidies for the trains, and most of all the belief five years ago until two days after the election that the LibDems offered a plausible alternative to the Conservatives and Labour. What is most noticeable is the massive reduction in orange diamonds of betrayed LibDem supporters. The 'Labour cannot win here' mantra is nonsense because a large part of the 2010 Libdem vote were voters who had only one wish and that that wish was to keep out the Conservatives. They will not vote LibDem again. Conservatives knew what was written on the label and will vote Conservative again and some will defect to UKIP. If people in Marple disenchanted by the LibDem government oppose the Tories by voting Labour, the LibDems could be the candidate for the third place.

I voted Lib Dem Marplerambler, I was thrilled with their coalition partnership with the Conservatives. Never assume everyone votes in the same way as you.

It's essential as an employer that Labour never destroy the economy again so if I were to vote Smart, I'd be hoping she sticks with the coalition.

Dave

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2015, 03:36:29 PM »
As this forum's resident bookie-watcher, I though this might be of interest:   http://bettingzone.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/hazel-grove/winning-party

It's not the odds themselves that are particularly interesting - those show no change, with the Lib Dems clear favourite.  But if you scroll down to the pie chart, it shows that a remarkable 57% of all bets in Hazel Grove have been placed on UKIP!  So do some people know something the the rest of us don't........   :o

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »
Sorry if it's on another thread already, but has it now been confirmed that the Greens are standing in HG?

I've added Graham to the list at the start of this thread and will add him to the poll. he is welcome to make a statement as the other candidates have but at the moment I haven't found an email address or twitter account to contact him about it. If anyone can help with more details, please do. Here's what I've found so far:

http://stockport.greenparty.org.uk/news/2015/04/02/hazel-grove-candidate-unveiled/
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Melancholyflower

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2015, 08:41:07 AM »
Sorry if it's on another thread already, but has it now been confirmed that the Greens are standing in HG?

Dave

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2015, 11:16:10 AM »
What is most noticeable is the massive reduction in orange diamonds of betrayed LibDem supporters.

That's not my impression - there seems to be as much orange around here as there ever was. 

the LibDems could be the candidate for the third place. 

Whistling in the dark, I think.   ;)

simonesaffron

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »
Everybody knows all this Rambler. It has all been said a thousand times and more, you make no revelations whatsoever and it is all complete conjecture on your part.

What you say may come to pass who knows?

The LibDems have lost support since the coalition, the whole country knows that. The question is, have they lost enough to lose the seat in HG?

I merely point out that they seem to be winning the poster battle. So if they are heading for defeat they don't seem to know it.   

marplerambler

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2015, 09:49:30 AM »
Straw polls of posters outside houses are all very well. Rose Hill was a sea of orange prior to the LibDem coalition helped the Tories to  destroy our NHS, our roads  and public transport subsidies for the trains, and most of all the belief five years ago until two days after the election that the LibDems offered a plausible alternative to the Conservatives and Labour. What is most noticeable is the massive reduction in orange diamonds of betrayed LibDem supporters. The 'Labour cannot win here' mantra is nonsense because a large part of the 2010 Libdem vote were voters who had only one wish and that that wish was to keep out the Conservatives. They will not vote LibDem again. Conservatives knew what was written on the label and will vote Conservative again and some will defect to UKIP. If people in Marple disenchanted by the LibDem government oppose the Tories by voting Labour, the LibDems could be the candidate for the third place. 

simonesaffron

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2015, 07:43:17 PM »
Funnily enough, I've just conducted the same poll along Strines Road, from Marple to Haigh Bar.

Lib Dems  11
Labour   Nil
Conservative Nil
UKIP     Nil 
Greens  Nil

Come on boys!   

corium

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2015, 11:42:27 AM »
An alternative poll.  I counted the private houses with posters outside I could spot between Stepping Hill & home on the 375 bus route this morning, probably a fair cross section of the constituency:

Lib Dem 16
Labour 4
Conservative 3
UKOP 1

DarranPalmer

« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2015, 10:28:59 PM »
It doesn't take much to put up a few posters, you have to have the sites to put them up though and I haven't seen one single UKIP poster

We did start to put the garden banners up on Thursday in Marple but had to stop as a number were stolen/destroyed. (Same day/night) and the police have had to get involved, this has caused a number of supporters to be worried they will be targeted if they put one up in their garden.
We will be putting more up this coming week however.

thebigshed

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »
There is another Hustings at St Chad's Romiley on Sunday 19th April.

[attachment deleted by admin]