Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Chadwick Street / Asda / Aldi  (Read 25412 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Chadwick Street / Asda / Aldi
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 03:00:48 PM »
The proposed supermarket on Chadwick stree has been put on hold .no one interested now that Asda are
Taking on the coop .so the wonderful councilors say . If they had let Kirkland do it we may have had a supermarket on that site .soon .waste of time they are our councillors  .

It's the sensible thing to do at the moment Amazon. We can't just go and rack up a huge supermarket on a major car parking facility in town. We quite clearly need to know more about Asda's plans for Maple.     

Dave

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
Just a sneaky feeling - I may be wrong.  Look at the financial difficulties all the big supermarket chains are in.  Is this a time for expansion?  It doesn't feel like it! 

amazon

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
No surprise there, and I don't think the outcome would have been any different if Kirkland were still the developer. That was always an unattractive and uneconomic site for a supermarket, as some of us pointed out a year or two ago.  And I doubt whether the Asda takeover of the Co-op site (if it ever happens) has made any difference.
Why do you say if it ever happens do you know something that no one else does .feb supposed to be when they take over .

Dave

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »
No surprise there, and I don't think the outcome would have been any different if Kirkland were still the developer. That was always an unattractive and uneconomic site for a supermarket, as some of us pointed out a year or two ago.  And I doubt whether the Asda takeover of the Co-op site (if it ever happens) has made any difference.

amazon

Chadwick Street / Asda / Aldi
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 03:52:05 PM »
The proposed supermarket on Chadwick stree has been put on hold .no one interested now that Asda are
Taking on the coop .so the wonderful councilors say . If they had let Kirkland do it we may have had a supermarket on that site .soon .waste of time they are our councillors  .