RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA  (Read 238411 times)

rsh

Re: Sale of the Marple CO-OP to ASDA
« Reply #494 on: March 16, 2015, 09:13:16 PM »
Asda signage application: http://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/edrms/onlinemvm/getimage.asp?DocumentNumber=233242

No radical change whatsoever, especially with both using a bright green brand.

wheels

« Reply #493 on: March 16, 2015, 08:16:30 PM »
Amazon your confused because you think Marple traders are here to servce the public when in fact they think its the other way round.

amazon

« Reply #492 on: March 16, 2015, 08:07:23 PM »
You cannot buy everything you need in Marple, especially when you work and all the shops are closed ! ???
Even when they are open

wheels

« Reply #491 on: March 16, 2015, 05:28:32 PM »
Agreed Razzle many many local traders are just not willing to serve their local market and then complain when local people are unable to support them. Perhaps Claudo should run classes to Marple traders about how to provide good European customer service

Razzle24

« Reply #490 on: March 16, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »
You cannot buy everything you need in Marple, especially when you work and all the shops are closed ! ???

amazon

« Reply #489 on: March 16, 2015, 02:44:58 PM »
Maybe, but you can buy everything you NEED in Marple - at least, I can and have done during the last few weeks - but then I have done anyway since I came back to live in Marple several years ago.
Sorry but you cant buy everything you Need in marple ive tried.

wheels

« Reply #488 on: March 16, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »
Well I expect you will be able to get even more when ASDA open their "village" store

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #487 on: March 16, 2015, 10:26:42 AM »
Trouble is, one person's "want" is another person's "need". A bit like owning a horse, I would suppose?
Well, I shop for my horse in Marple, too. Goyt Mill stocks everything Horse and I "need" at very reasonable prices.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #486 on: March 16, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »
Trouble is, one person's "want" is another person's "need". A bit like owning a horse, I would suppose?

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #485 on: March 15, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
Good but you can't buy everything you want in marple I've tried .one regulare customer of the coop now goes to waitrose and has it delivered .
Maybe, but you can buy everything you NEED in Marple - at least, I can and have done during the last few weeks - but then I have done anyway since I came back to live in Marple several years ago.

amazon

« Reply #484 on: March 13, 2015, 04:44:16 PM »
I was shopping in Marple yesterday and asked one independent shopkeeper whether the closure of the Co-op had affected trade in the village and she said that her shop had been busier than when the Co-op was open. Obviously, one swallow does not a summer make but it would be good if all the shops in the village were to benefit as this one is.

It looks as though Merpuddlians are learning and hopefully will remain loyal to the small shops that they are discovering thanks to the "inconvenience" of the absence of the Co-op.
Good but you can't buy everything you want in marple I've tried .one regulare customer of the coop now goes to waitrose and has it delivered .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #483 on: March 13, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »
I was shopping in Marple yesterday and asked one independent shopkeeper whether the closure of the Co-op had affected trade in the village and she said that her shop had been busier than when the Co-op was open. Obviously, one swallow does not a summer make but it would be good if all the shops in the village were to benefit as this one is.

It looks as though Merpuddlians are learning and hopefully will remain loyal to the small shops that they are discovering thanks to the "inconvenience" of the absence of the Co-op.

amazon

« Reply #482 on: March 09, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »
If I do my shopping at ASDA Hazel Grove do I have to carry the shopping from Marple centre all the way back to either Marple College if the bus is going via Hawk Green or from Rose Hill station if the bus is going via Dan Bank and then walk from the bus stop. You would never believe it but some people have to catch a bus back from the shops if they are really loaded up and then carry their shopping from the bus stop!
If your a pensioner you can use the 394 for free any day that goes your way you don't have to use Asdas bus .if you want the times just ask will post on here .dont see what the problem is .theres plenty of other alternatives using public transport .

BennyBlue

« Reply #481 on: March 09, 2015, 08:06:07 AM »
What ASDA should have done is offer free delivery on internet shopping to Marple postcodes until the new store opens. A free bus to the Hazel Grove store sounds like a complete faff.

marplerambler

« Reply #480 on: March 08, 2015, 10:53:15 PM »
If I do my shopping at ASDA Hazel Grove do I have to carry the shopping from Marple centre all the way back to either Marple College if the bus is going via Hawk Green or from Rose Hill station if the bus is going via Dan Bank and then walk from the bus stop. You would never believe it but some people have to catch a bus back from the shops if they are really loaded up and then carry their shopping from the bus stop!