Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Appeal Time Limits  (Read 41792 times)

jethroh65

Re: Appeal Time Limits
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
Would asda have to reapply for planning if it was seen that the chadwick st project was not happening in a few years or could that be worked into the appeal.
If that was the alternative site and no supermarket wanted it and sorting office still there in five years what could happen?
The cost per sq ft to build it may cause expanding supermarkets to consider other towns.
               IF ASDA did decide to go for Chadwick street were we're does that put Mia .
I thought campaign was always focused against a supermarket (Asda ) on Hibbert Lane, not no to a supermarket in Marple?

simonesaffron

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 05:11:29 PM »
I thought most people assumed it would be turned down at this point. It was always going to appeal surely?

But that was before chadkirk/trinity was thrown into the mix, and they stood a very good chance of winning as the council were essentially rejecting the bid "just because". Now, it's more interesting, and Asda have got to weight up whether they think they have any chance of winning the appeal.

A question for those who know more about planning proceedures that me. Lets assume that Asda don't appeal, or lose the appeal. How do things stand in, say 3 years time, if the Trinity Development still hasn't gone ahead because as some suspect on here, its not a truely viable proposal due to the cost of developing the site, and the lack of parking. Would Asda (or another Supermarket if Asda lose interest) be able to come back, retable the planning application, and win on the sequential test by demonstrating that the lack of movement on the Trinity Development is evidence that it isn't actually a suitable alternative for another supermarket in Marple.

As long as both those sites on Hibbert Lane & Trinity Street are vacant and available this issue will never be resolved. The only way to virtually guarantee that a supermarket is not built on Hibbert Lane is to build one on Trinity Street and the only way to absolutely guarantee it is to build something else on Hibbert Lane. Obviously, neither of these situations has happened  yet. Planning permission is decidedly not the end of this story.

Another issue here is CAMSFC. What exactly is their situation in general and their financial situation in particular. If it is bad, then how long can they afford to wait on ASDA ?  In addition to this what exactly is their contractual arrangement with ASDA. Can they extricate themselves from the partnership and sell the land for zoned development for which they would get planning permission although they would also get considerably less money than a supermarket is prepared to pay. However three years waiting in the wings with no money from either might finish them off anyway.

There is also the increasing threat to them of competition from a small but select band of Secondary schools who have definite plans to open up a sixth form provision in the near future. Marple Hall is one of them.

The irony now is that MACSFC have moved from the position of having no control over the situation at Hibbert Lane to possibly having the final say.

amazon

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »
I thought most people assumed it would be turned down at this point. It was always going to appeal surely?

But that was before chadkirk/trinity was thrown into the mix, and they stood a very good chance of winning as the council were essentially rejecting the bid "just because". Now, it's more interesting, and Asda have got to weight up whether they think they have any chance of winning the appeal.

A question for those who know more about planning proceedures that me. Lets assume that Asda don't appeal, or lose the appeal. How do things stand in, say 3 years time, if the Trinity Development still hasn't gone ahead because as some suspect on here, its not a truely viable proposal due to the cost of developing the site, and the lack of parking. Would Asda (or another Supermarket if Asda lose interest) be able to come back, retable the planning application, and win on the sequential test by demonstrating that the lack of movement on the Trinity Development is evidence that it isn't actually a suitable alternative for another supermarket in Marple.

Good point but I think the ridge will have wanted to develop Buxton lane by then .

marpleexile

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »

amazon

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »
Would asda have to reapply for planning if it was seen that the chadwick st project was not happening in a few years or could that be worked into the appeal.
If that was the alternative site and no supermarket wanted it and sorting office still there in five years what could happen?
The cost per sq ft to build it may cause expanding supermarkets to consider other towns.
               IF ASDA did decide to go for Chadwick street were we're does that put Mia .

JMC

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 11:03:32 AM »

Dave

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 10:08:47 AM »
These are interesting questions, bluezorro.  But sadly, I fear that our lovely councillors are so determined to put a stop to the college's plans that they will do whatever it takes to ensure that a supermarket gets built at Chadwick Street.  By which I mean they will, if necessary, ensure that the cost of acquiring the site will be reduced to compensate for the high construction and running costs, and for the relatively low projected turnover.   :(

Bluezorro

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 07:34:15 AM »

Belly

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:09:09 PM »
Its also 6 months from the date of receipt of the decision notice and not the date of the committee meeting.

It may take SMBC a couple of weeks to produce the relevant paperwork - or they might be very efficient.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Appeal Time Limits
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:40:19 PM »
Looks like ASDA have 6 months to appeal, should they choose to do so:

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/planning/appeals/guidance/timelimits

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website