Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Appeal Time Limits  (Read 41771 times)

JMC

Re: Appeal Time Limits
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »
Where are all these people going to get school places. Most local schools are full.

simonesaffron

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »

Let us hope so.

amazon

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »
Hope your sources are more reliable than your intuition ;D  ::)

Thanks mark .must bring me tights in of the line it looks like rain .

amazon

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 01:41:18 PM »
You are a cruel man Amazon! I am cut to the quick. Thanks anyway ;)
Tru though you've ruined marple ,.more houses more trafic .nowere for them to shop only out of town .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
Even though Amazon has never stated, I always thought that "Amazon" was a woman. Is my intuition wrong?

Hope your sources are more reliable than your intuition ;D  ::)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

simonesaffron

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 10:57:23 AM »

Even though Amazon has never stated, I always thought that "Amazon" was a woman. Is my intuition wrong?

simonesaffron

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 08:34:50 AM »
The source seems to be Marple Civic Society. They must be confident to publish it on their web site.

MCS are not my source but the source is irrelevent, what matters is that it is true. CAMSFC expected to make an announcement next Tuesday. 

sooty2

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 11:24:53 PM »
Well done marple in action and the local councilors you've just ruined Marple more houses more trafic no modern facilities for the college .Disgusted with the lot of you who voted against it . ...

JMC

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 07:41:39 PM »
I am disappointed too for the college etc. I also wonder if trinity will ever happen. Maybe we will get Asda there instead? I suspect MIA will campaign against that if it becomes on the cards.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »
The source seems to be Marple Civic Society. They must be confident to publish it on their web site.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

NeilCorrie

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 02:06:14 PM »
It is my understanding that both ASDA & C&MSFC have now extricated themselves from their commercial partnership and that ASDA will not be following any appeal route. So the NO campaign has triumphed.

In addition to this C&MSFC are preparing a planning application for submission, for houses on the Hibbert Lane site.

Splendid news, hope that turns out to be correct.  All your previous scoops seem to have subsequently come true so am optimistic. 

C&MSFC / ASDA site hasn't been updated with any details of this yet though.  Last posting in their News section is dated 23-Nov-2012, "Planning application has been submitted".  http://www.marplecollegeandasda.co.uk/

amazon

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 12:51:12 PM »
'Everybody'?? No danger of that, Simone - the number of people who have got nothing better to do than post on this forum, or read our words of wisdom, is vanishingly small.   ;)

That's your analysis, Simone.  My take on it, for what it's worth, is different.  I was at the 'party in the park' in July 2011, and saw some of our councillors looking visibly shaken by the angry crowd that shouted at them, and I have little doubt that from that moment on they were browbeaten into opposing the college's scheme.  I'm afraid it's probably as simple as that.  It would be nice to think that they all gave it calm, deep and rational consideration and concluded that 'that the harm it would do outweighed the benefits', but somehow I doubt it.  You may be right - but there again, so might I.    And now it really doesn't matter - we are where we are.

With pleasure, Simone.  Motivated by their desire to hang on to their seats, they have put their own short-term interests ahead of those of the next few generations of young people in Marple, who will for the foreseeable future continue to put up with third rate facilities, while their college is spending ever increasing amounts of money propping up its crumbling and inefficient buildings instead of spending it on teaching.  The best we can hope for is that the college sells the land for housing and carries out 'plan B', in which case we may be able to look forward to second rate facilities! 

I would like to think that our elected representatives have the vision and courage to act in the long-term interests of our community, not to make knee-jerk responses to every noisy pressure group that comes along.  But maybe I'm being unrealistic. 

Some time ago I discussed this with one of our councillors and our MP.  The only proposal that they have had to offer, as far as I know, is that the college should dispose of the land for housing, and carry out whatever limited refurbishment they can afford for the c.4 million that this would provide.   And indeed, that is what now looks most likely.  Thanks a lot! 
Well done marple in action and the local councilors you've just ruined Marple more houses more trafic no modern facilities for the college .Disgusted with the lot of you who voted against it . ...

simonesaffron

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 01:58:13 PM »
It is my understanding that both ASDA & C&MSFC have now extricated themselves from their commercial partnership and that ASDA will not be following any appeal route. So the NO campaign has triumphed.

In addition to this C&MSFC are preparing a planning application for submission, for houses on the Hibbert Lane site.

Dave

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »
Dave,

I think that you believe that if you keep repeating the Mantra about the Councillors and the MP letting the community down that everybody will start believing it.

'Everybody'?? No danger of that, Simone - the number of people who have got nothing better to do than post on this forum, or read our words of wisdom, is vanishingly small.   ;)

Try this: Rightly or wrongly Councillors and the MP believed even though it was a catalyst for a College refurbishment a supermarket on Hibbert Lane was a bad idea for Marple. They believed that the harm it would do outweighed the benefits.

That's your analysis, Simone.  My take on it, for what it's worth, is different.  I was at the 'party in the park' in July 2011, and saw some of our councillors looking visibly shaken by the angry crowd that shouted at them, and I have little doubt that from that moment on they were browbeaten into opposing the college's scheme.  I'm afraid it's probably as simple as that.  It would be nice to think that they all gave it calm, deep and rational consideration and concluded that 'that the harm it would do outweighed the benefits', but somehow I doubt it.  You may be right - but there again, so might I.    And now it really doesn't matter - we are where we are.

Throughout Councillors + MP have taken a consistent stance, they have engaged with the community, they have explained their position. They have represented their community - how can this be construed as "letting the community down". Please explain if you can.     

With pleasure, Simone.  Motivated by their desire to hang on to their seats, they have put their own short-term interests ahead of those of the next few generations of young people in Marple, who will for the foreseeable future continue to put up with third rate facilities, while their college is spending ever increasing amounts of money propping up its crumbling and inefficient buildings instead of spending it on teaching.  The best we can hope for is that the college sells the land for housing and carries out 'plan B', in which case we may be able to look forward to second rate facilities! 

I would like to think that our elected representatives have the vision and courage to act in the long-term interests of our community, not to make knee-jerk responses to every noisy pressure group that comes along.  But maybe I'm being unrealistic. 

As if this wasn't enough Councillors + MP believed that there were/are other ways for the College to finance a refurbishment programme but when they tried to communicate this to CAMSFC they would not entertain them.

Some time ago I discussed this with one of our councillors and our MP.  The only proposal that they have had to offer, as far as I know, is that the college should dispose of the land for housing, and carry out whatever limited refurbishment they can afford for the c.4 million that this would provide.   And indeed, that is what now looks most likely.  Thanks a lot! 

JMC

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »
Was there a No to Chadwick Street campaign? If there was I missed it.I objected to the council about it. I was one of the few. Do you think some of the MIA should of given up their full time jobs to try to fight it?

I also objected. It seems ridiculous to me to dump it on Marple's main car park (as Belly said so well). Where will Iceland, Boots shoppers park for example. Students walking down Church lane will have a nightmare negotiating Trinity Street. I only hope they put a crossing there. I also worry if it is a Waitrose/M&S then there is still few places left in Marple for lower income residents to shop and will scream snobbery (eg MIA were against Asda but fine for high end stores even though many of the same arguments such as traffic still apply). I can only hope it will be an Aldi or Asda (if they do switch to CS-I think they will appeal).