Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Speculation about which Supermarket it might be  (Read 57892 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Speculation about which Supermarket it might be
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »
I was told by an Aldi manager in July last year that Aldi were interested in the Chadwick Street site.In October last year I was in the company of four Aldi managers at a social event who told me the same. I know a store is planned for Offerton which may change their plans for Marple. I have heard on the grapevine that Kirkland will not on this occasion be working with Aldi. This may or may not be true.

Shame if its not Aldi, they are such a perfect fit for Marple

They certainly will be most welcome and as you say, a perfect fit considering the co-op's slight premium for ethical sourcing etc.

I'd have thought that Aldi tend not to go for AN Other development, most (all?) of their sites are vey much brownfield & complete rebuild developments of their own standard design.

Duke Fame

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2013, 01:43:15 PM »
Are you sure Aldi are really bluffing? They already have stores in Cheadle, Hyde, Romiley, Hazel Grove, Stockport, Heaton Chapel, Glossop, Stalybridge and Ashton. All within about 6 miles of each other. They seem to be dropping them in wherever they can no matter where other stores are as evidenced by the proposed one on Lisburne Lane in Offerton.

No I'm not sure at all, hence the ;-)

Just surprised, I drop into the Romily one when I go to the gym or passing by so i see it as an overlap of territory.

wheels

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »
I was told by an Aldi manager in July last year that Aldi were interested in the Chadwick Street site.In October last year I was in the company of four Aldi managers at a social event who told me the same. I know a store is planned for Offerton which may change their plans for Marple. I have heard on the grapevine that Kirkland will not on this occasion be working with Aldi. This may or may not be true.

Shame if its not Aldi, they are such a perfect fit for Marple

sooty2

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »

Howard

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »
Are you sure Aldi are really bluffing? They already have stores in Cheadle, Hyde, Romiley, Hazel Grove, Stockport, Heaton Chapel, Glossop, Stalybridge and Ashton. All within about 6 miles of each other. They seem to be dropping them in wherever they can no matter where other stores are as evidenced by the proposed one on Lisburne Lane in Offerton.

Duke Fame

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »
Given the Aldi at Romily & Hazel Grove, I think Aldi is the one option that can be ruled out. Asda or Morrisons would be the keenest.

Why do you say that Duke?

Aldi are about to open a new store in Offerton and their web site indicates that they are looking for a suitable site in Marple.

The Trinity site does look too large for Aldi though.

I think Aldi have Marple covered with Romily whatever supermarket hooks up at Marple unless it turns out to be Lidl. Essentially, the Marple Aldi shopper will go to Romily if Tesco, Sains, Wait, Moggys, Asda etc moves in
Well it's clear on Aldi's website they are interested in Marple properties.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/company/13951_15547.htm

They're bluffing ;-)

I'm surprised for the reasons given and would think that given strategies of the respective businesses, Moggy's would value the opportunity higher.

Bluezorro

« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2013, 07:34:47 AM »
Do you know how long it takes to walk to aldi romiley?
Of course aldi would want to come to marple.
Even coming back from romiley viia the canal i think i am going to lose my shopping trolley or mr zorro in the canal after its rained.

jethroh65

« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2013, 07:21:24 AM »
Given the Aldi at Romily & Hazel Grove, I think Aldi is the one option that can be ruled out. Asda or Morrisons would be the keenest.

Aldi are about to open a new store in Offerton and their web site indicates that they are looking for a suitable site in Marple.

I think Aldi have Marple covered with Romily whatever supermarket hooks up at Marple unless it turns out to be Lidl. Essentially, the Marple Aldi shopper will go to Romily if Tesco, Sains, Wait, Moggys, Asda etc moves in
Well it's clear on Aldi's website they are interested in Marple properties.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/company/13951_15547.htm

Duke Fame

« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »

wheels

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2013, 10:30:21 PM »
I would have thought the suburb of Marple and that site areboth perfects matchesfor Aldi.

Bluezorro

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
Aldi Romiley covers a large area, from Romiley out to New Mills and everything between.

Harry

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:01 PM »

richard

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2013, 09:08:04 PM »
At this stage I don't think that they have anybody in place. Anything is pure speculation and to think otherwise is foolish. If Kirkland developments have any Interested parties then they should let us know, however, I think that site is going to be a huge cost to develop and that may put off certain chains.

Duke Fame

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2013, 01:47:34 PM »
Aldi I reckon

amazon

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »
If the councillor had owned the ridge don't think there would have been a problem with permission for a supermarket ..on there .

Which councillor do you mean, and why would they own the ridge?

I should have said councill .thank you once again for correcting me .