Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Marple Hall School  (Read 24988 times)

Dave

Re: Marple Hall School
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:03:04 AM »
It is a big school so, on the law of averages, you will get some good teachers and some bad. My two children have been very happy there and have done well academically and in "after-school" activities..... I'm happy with how it educated my children.

In our case it was three children - but otherwise this was exactly our experience too.  As at any school, the quality of teaching you get is down to pot luck, really! 

chicky

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 10:32:08 PM »
My children have all been extremely happy there and have come out with good results overall.  As with any school there have been one or two not so good teachers but the majority have been excellent.  There is also still lots of extra curriculum activites sport, music,drama, Duke of Edinburgh award.  I would definitely recommend this school.

hollins

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:43:18 PM »
It is a big school so, on the law of averages, you will get some good teachers and some bad. My two children have been very happy there and have done well academically and in "after-school" activities - primarily sport. The school has just (i.e. this month) been "done" by Ofsted, so you will soon get a chance to look at an official review. I'm happy with how it educated my children.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »
Can't say I'm a great fan. My son was there from 2001-2006 and, basically, did the bare minimum. I went to Parents Evenings every year and not one teacher ever said he might not be reaching his potential. He then went on to Cheadle & Marple and it was much the same experience, unfortunately. Luckily he "found" literature and started basically teaching himself and ended up with a First at Uni. One or two good teachers at both places, however.

alison

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »
I'm not a recent pupil, but a former one. All I can tell you is that I went back for an open day two years ago and was taken round by some very polite, articulate and amusing current pupils and I was very impressed with some of the facilities especially the drama block and the sports hall.

Alison

Loobylou

Marple Hall School
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
Dear Posters and Readers
I am new to the area and one of my children, who is currently in primary school, could be attending Marple Hall School from September onwards. Can you please tell me, in your own words, what kind of school you consider it to be?
I am particularly interested in parents whose children have recently attended or are currently attending the school.