Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: NHS Dentistry  (Read 4916 times)

mum_of_2

Re: NHS Dentistry
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »

NHS dentist!!
Ive recently been informed my dentist will no longer be providing nhs services...it will cost nearly £40 for a basic check up .....base that on a family of 4? Ridiculous!!

That happened to us a couple of times. We had to go further away at first till we got one fairly nearby. I agree with you, it's ridiculous. I don't think the private plans are much good (each to their own) and prefer NHS costs. There is a website where you can search for local NHS dentists (not sure if you already know of it) here

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/finding-an-nhs-dentist.aspx

You just search the box and hopefully find an NHS dentist nearby (you have to scroll through them till you find one which says currently accepting NHS patients). You may have to join a waiting list for a while, we did but it was worth it and so much cheaper! Hope you find one.

Sorry, i didnt realise i had a reply :)

Thanks for the info i will be doing this now, because luck has it....i not have toothache! typical haha!
fingers crossed i get in somewhere :)

Dave

Re: NHS Dentistry
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 09:48:55 AM »
That link shows NHS dentists currently accepting new patients in Disley, New Mills, Hazel Grove and Poynton. 

JMC

NHS Dentistry
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 10:59:37 PM »

NHS dentist!!
Ive recently been informed my dentist will no longer be providing nhs services...it will cost nearly £40 for a basic check up .....base that on a family of 4? Ridiculous!!

That happened to us a couple of times. We had to go further away at first till we got one fairly nearby. I agree with you, it's ridiculous. I don't think the private plans are much good (each to their own) and prefer NHS costs. There is a website where you can search for local NHS dentists (not sure if you already know of it) here

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/finding-an-nhs-dentist.aspx

You just search the box and hopefully find an NHS dentist nearby (you have to scroll through them till you find one which says currently accepting NHS patients). You may have to join a waiting list for a while, we did but it was worth it and so much cheaper! Hope you find one.

Smithy166

NHS Dentistry
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:51:26 PM »
NHS dentist!!
That or somewhere for our children! I dont think its big enough for a youth centre especially to accommodate the equipment the youth need.
If the post office depo is being sild, that would be the perfect place for a youth centre as an outdoor area could be qccommodated for football, etc
Unfortunatly NHS dentists are a "dying bread", there are however several health plans that are good value.

mum_of_2

NHS Dentistry
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:09:57 AM »
I rather suspect that the general consensus of public opinion toward a Wetherspoons drinking place would be " No Thanks".
There are enough facilities for social drinking in the town.

The Jolly Sailor and The Bowling green did not survive.

We have The Navigation, The Ringers, The Pineapple, The Bull,
The Otters and The Railway. Also we have the Con Club and the Forces club (the former legion)We have two Italian Restuarants,one Indian, one Chinese,three Indian take-aways,three chinese take- aways, one kebab take-away, one Spanish restaurant.There is is "The Edge" and "Brambles".

no more please!!!

Sorry Darren

More suggestions welcome
NHS dentist!!
That or somewhere for our children! I dont think its big enough for a youth centre especially to accommodate the equipment the youth need.
If the post office depo is being sild, that would be the perfect place for a youth centre as an outdoor area could be qccommodated for football, etc