Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: GPs in Marple  (Read 7016 times)

JMC

Re: GPs in Marple
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 08:19:29 PM »
I was registered at  stockport road for a while but after a whole year of being told my son had reflux, and telling me i didnt know what i was talking about when i told them there was something wrong with him, he was losing weight all the time....i practically told them what was wrong....my son had an intolerance to milk! i quickly moved to marple cottage and have had no problems, this is the best surgery, you can get app striaght away (somethimes on the same day) ....i have avoided the 'un-named' gp as i have heard bad reviews but i would reccommend this doctors surgery to anyone!

That is interesting Mumof2 as I am at Stockport Rd and have thought about changing to the cottage surgery many times after various times feeling 'fobbed off', struggling to get an appointment and being let down in emergencies. To be fair, I have had good treatment too and some doctors/nurses are lovely. However, I still sometimes wonder if would be better changing and like the idea of results online etc. It is hard to get a print out at Stockport Rd. Was it alot of hassle to change? Hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

hollins

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »
I've always found having a doctors' surgery next to the funeral directors a bit disconcerting (although the same thing is true at Stepping Hill). However, Marple Medical Practice on Stockport Rd is quite good when you can get past the receptionist's "You want an appointment when ... ?". Ringing at 8.30 in the morning is definitely better than 3pm, but the doctors are all quite good (when you finally get to see them).

heather

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 02:00:27 PM »
every one has different opinions about which Dr's is best, i have been with the one next to the funeral directors since i was a child ( i know the location and Dr's have changed) and never had a problem.  i might go to the Dr's once every 12 months so maybe  that's why i dont have a problem, but in fairness to them i have allways found them a1.   they were fantastic with my mum and dad when they had problems.

bat man

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »
I know who the GP is you refer to and can honestly say I have never had any problems,all the Doctors and Nurses and reception staff at Marple cottage surgery will go the extra mile for you.... :D

Smithy166

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 11:57:40 AM »
I was registered at the marple doctors pratice (the one thats conviently placed next to the funeral directors) for a while, However, they refused to come out to see my mum when she had pneumonia, insted that gave her a appiontment that was a week away! My dad then rang the cottage surgery (even though we weren't registered there) on the off chance, and within half an hour the GP was out and mum was on the way to the hospital (by car, not ambulance). after that we've moved to the cottage, and have Had no trouble since. They are professional, the place is clean, and appiontments are usually within 2 days (I had one the same day once).
I've never had the "unnamed GP" however, I've heard that although their bedside manner is lacking, they are good at the medical side of their work :)

mum_of_2

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 10:26:19 AM »
Hi Jam,

I am registered at Stockport rd medical practice,  and some doctors I like, and some I prefer not to see, the doctor I really like, most of my family wouldn't choose them, and the doctor they really like, I wouldn't choose by choice .

I'm not sure if it has improved much at stockport rd, but sometimes you could wait up to a fortnight for an appointment with the doctor of choice , unless it was an emergency  , their booking system was a joke :(

I prefer a doctor that is no nonsense, and straight talking ( blunt if you like )  .... But my Dad ..... he likes someone who gives him a bit of a fuss !!! ;D  ( I think that's a man thing !!) , Im sure if you go back, there will be a doctor you gel with ,  to be fair to the cottage surgery, most people I speak to are happy with it ,  I only know one person who a doctor there has reduced them to tears,  but I couldnt tell you which doctor it was, and would be unfair to post on here if I Knew .  I hope next time is much better for you
I was registered at  stockport road for a while but after a whole year of being told my son had reflux, and telling me i didnt know what i was talking about when i told them there was something wrong with him, he was losing weight all the time....i practically told them what was wrong....my son had an intolerance to milk! i quickly moved to marple cottage and have had no problems, this is the best surgery, you can get app striaght away (somethimes on the same day) ....i have avoided the 'un-named' gp as i have heard bad reviews but i would reccommend this doctors surgery to anyone!

songsinger

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
I have been with Marple Cottage since 2000 and have found it to be a modern, caring practice with marvellous on-line facilities which enable me to book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and email to the doctors when perhaps an appointment would not be necessary.

Having moved house several times and therefore have experience of several GPs, this is the practice which I would recommend without hesitation.  Any problems can be discussed with the Practice Manager, Johan Taylor and will always be dealt with swiftly and with understanding.

alison

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 09:36:04 PM »
Unless they have changed their policy I doubt cottage surgery will take you - offerton is definitely outside their catchment area - they made me move when I finally admitted to them that I no longer lived in Marple!

Alison

alan@marple

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 03:50:37 PM »
Well I am expecting to be removed from Stockport Rd's books because I have moved to Romiley. I am very sorry about this because I am very happy there, although I have to say that it is very difficult these days to see the doctor of your choice unless you are prepared for a long wait. I now live three miles away from the surgery, but apparently it's to far away.

I was told the other day that the cottage surgery might take me on, but I would not consider there until, that grumpy
person has gone, no names no pack drill!!!!

Cripes

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »
Yep, I think I know who it is, went in with a suspected kidney infection, pretty much punched me in the back a few times and told me there was nothing wrong with me. I just laughed at how bizarre it was, absurdly rude. See another GP at the same practice now who I am finding to be great, really efficient and considerate, has emailed me a few times too.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »
Hi all, I'm new to the area and have recently registered at Marple Cottage Surgery. Had a terrible experience with one of the GPs and would avoid seeing him again at all costs!  Could any one recommend a good GP in the area?  Thanks

Contact the Practice Manager with any complaints. That's what s/he is there for.

Neil Smith

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 06:02:36 PM »
I was registered at MCS, I think I know who people are talking about. He brought me into this world back in the day when GPs did some work for there pay (but that's a different story) My last appointment with him I could have knocked him out (rather than getting upset) so moved surgeries straight away.

Rachael

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 06:49:53 PM »
Hi Jam,

I am registered at Stockport rd medical practice,  and some doctors I like, and some I prefer not to see, the doctor I really like, most of my family wouldn't choose them, and the doctor they really like, I wouldn't choose by choice .

I'm not sure if it has improved much at stockport rd, but sometimes you could wait up to a fortnight for an appointment with the doctor of choice , unless it was an emergency  , their booking system was a joke :(

I prefer a doctor that is no nonsense, and straight talking ( blunt if you like )  .... But my Dad ..... he likes someone who gives him a bit of a fuss !!! ;D  ( I think that's a man thing !!) , Im sure if you go back, there will be a doctor you gel with ,  to be fair to the cottage surgery, most people I speak to are happy with it ,  I only know one person who a doctor there has reduced them to tears,  but I couldnt tell you which doctor it was, and would be unfair to post on here if I Knew .  I hope next time is much better for you

Jam

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
Thanks Marveld and Harry.  In the cold light of day I can see it is a fabulous surgery with brilliant systems and processes - so well organised.  Its just that it was my first appointment and I left the surgery in tears!  Will give it another go with one of the other doctors.  Its reassuring to know that you are both recommending that I stick with it.   To your good health!...