Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Purple Pakora  (Read 29308 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Purple Pakora
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 12:13:51 AM »
I hope they make a decent job of the outside of the building. It's looked like a dump for years.
It formerly wasn't much different outside from when it was the Station Cafe owned by Mr & Mrs Gort in the 1960s. I had a Sunday job there when I was in 6th form at the princely salary of £1 - I saved it up for the text book fund for college.

I have to say that the new external refurb isn't exactly the height of elegance. Once a little wooden hut, always a little wooden hut.

Still we'll give it the food a try.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 12:06:42 AM »
Went there tonight with Mrs sgk, just for a takeaway. 

Would have been nice to get the chana rice that we ordered rather than lemon rice (why in the world would you have Lemon Rice with a curry?) but food jolly good otherwise. 

Some odd items on the menu, Chocolate Korma, Karahi Kid, Helicopter Naan.  ??? ??? ???

Lemon rice with Indian food - yum!

SkyGuy

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 06:13:27 PM »
Ordered a take away the other night.....
The food was nice but nothing special which was a great shame especially after all the hype.
Will not be ordering a take away from them again as there are other places in Marple which I feel are better on quality, price, taste and they also do home delivery.

We will however try having a meal there as it does look really nice inside.

Rachael

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 12:31:59 PM »
We went last night and sat in .   We had mixed feelings about it . 

It was far more informal than the basmati  , lots of tables crammed in .

The service wasnt bad, got shown to our table quickly, had a drinks order taken straight away, but then waited quite a while for the main order to be taken  ( to be fair the place was very very busy ) , but food arrived quickly after order had been taken .

Mixed starter for two,  was lovely and fresh, and hot, we enjoyed it .

Nan bread, lovely and light and not stodgy at all .

There were four of us, and we decided to share two main meals , tandori lamb chops and Chicken rogan Josh ,  chops were apparently delicious  ,  and the rogan josh was very spicey but very nice :) , not massive portions, so bear this in mind when sharing .

The interior is a massive improvement on the basmati, but the famous bubble wall is wasted on the back wall,  you only get the atmosphere of it , if you are sat next to it .

If you want a nice meal to chill out with and have a chat, forget the second part, it was so noisy, you could hardly hear yourself speak , I love somewhere busy and lively, but I dont like it when you cant hear what the person opposite  is saying without shouting .

overall opinion,  nice food , but I still prefer the Blue Nile at Hazel grove, and I didnt think I would think that but I do .

Harry

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Had a takeaway the other night cost £40.

It was "just OK"-nothing special I did enjoy it but after the first trial I would be content with the "Empress" especialy as they deliver

How many people was that for Alan?

alan@marple

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
Had a takeaway the other night cost £40.

It was "just OK"-nothing special I did enjoy it but after the first trial I would be content with the "Empress" especialy as they deliver

Smithy166

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »

Would have been nice to get the chana rice that we ordered rather than lemon rice (why in the world would you have Lemon Rice with a curry?) but food jolly good otherwise. 

Some odd items on the menu, Chocolate Korma, Karahi Kid, Helicopter Naan.  ??? ??? ???

-snippty snip snip!-
Helicopter naan? that sounds like a "interseting" concept.
I think the only reason why they made a mess of your order was because they had an awful lot of orders on the books. Seems like its pritty reasonably priced. Might put a order in this week!

sgk

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »

marveld

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »
Further to my old post :
I hope they make a decent job of the outside of the building. It's looked like a dump for years.

Outside looks ok. Not been yet, but looking forward to a review!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 06:31:47 PM »
Anybody been yet?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 06:41:03 PM »
The food is fab at the purple pakora,  I cant wait :)
           Due to open shortly now ready by the looks of it . 

I hope its as good as the other Purple Pakoras  :)

amazon

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »
The food is fab at the purple pakora,  I cant wait :)
           Due to open shortly now ready by the looks of it . 

Miss Marple

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »
NO ! NO !!!  I think it's wonderful, you know EAST meets WEST And all that!    Now what could be more enjoyable than eating a curry in a RANCH, possibly one made from recycling the trees on Dan Bank what a wonderful idea and so in keeping with the nearby conservation area.  Now credit where credits due,I take my hat off (or should I say Stetson ) to all at Stockport Planning Dept

tina

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
Attached is a proposed elevation drawing by DV8 Designs Ltd.

Has anyone thought to run this by Miss Marple ?

Haha, I was quietly thinking the same thing.
(Sorry Miss M, please take it with a pinch of salt)

Tricky

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 04:34:24 PM »
Attached is a proposed elevation drawing by DV8 Designs Ltd.

Has anyone thought to run this by Miss Marple ?

It's a joke - calm down!  ;)
meh