Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Purple Pakora  (Read 29309 times)

Dave

Re: Purple Pakora
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 10:50:31 PM »
And the rompers up for sale

Not necessarily a bad thing - the Romper is in a great location and has the potential to be a really good pub.  It just needs a bit of investment and the right management. 

Bluezorro

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 10:01:09 PM »
Good in a way they are for sale rather than shut.
Big lease outstanding at purple pakora

richard

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »
It's a shame so many businesses up for sale. A sad sign of the times. I hope this isn't the future for Marple. I still think it has a lot to offer in the way of small independent businesses

Bluezorro

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 07:38:27 PM »
And the rompers up for sale

Bluezorro

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 07:36:36 PM »
The menu was very limited when compared to the old basmati one.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 07:12:20 PM »
I though the "only Indian in the area" was stretching it a bit too!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
Also surprising to see the agents suggesting that 'the business achieves its current level of turnover whilst trading evenings only, therefore offers tremendous potential to increase the existing takings, simply by extending the current hours of trade.'

'Tremendous potential?'  ::) Would the PP do well if it opened lunchtimes as well?  I don't think so! 

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »
Surprised to see the Purple Pakora is up for sale already:

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/Licensed-restaurant-in-Marple-Bridge-for-sale.aspx
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

tigerman

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 11:03:21 AM »
Went to the PP as a family this week. Food was very good and well presented. The service much better than we expected as we had heard reports that the service was slow. We booked for 6.30pm on a Bank Holiday. Service was friendly and quick. Prices for the banquet were very reasonable at £14.99 for adults, £10.00 for children. Would recommend.

gazwhite

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »
Noni Mouse had his last Birthday celebrations there - as a result of being so old he had a vast quantity of those fire cracker candles on his cake and they set the sprinkler system off....

alan@marple

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »
About every five minutes the PR system blazes out some a happy birthday tune followed by a set of silly songs at mind-blowing volume. Best avoided for a while until the managers see some sense.
Oh dear, can't believe how a place can be so inconsistent. Unfortunately we will be avoiding here for a while. The food is still OK but sadly one of our favourites has become a mini-birthday fest! About every five minutes the PR system blazes out some a happy birthday tune followed by a set of silly songs at mind-blowing volume. Best avoided for a while until the managers see some sense.

Noni Mouse, you miserable old so and so! I think it is really nice to join in a chorus of Happy birthday, it add a little more fun for everybody, unless of course you don't celebrate birthdays!
 Of the place itself, well I also have mixed feelings, it is not consistent with good service, perhaps a little slow at times, but I have found the food to be OK.

Just one thing- that water bubble wall, it's a nice effect for the first few minutes, then, well it drove me crackers, so next time I shall sit with my back to it.

noni mouse

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
Oh dear, can't believe how a place can be so inconsistent. Unfortunately we will be avoiding here for a while. The food is still OK but sadly one of our favourites has become a mini-birthday fest! About every five minutes the PR system blazes out some a happy birthday tune followed by a set of silly songs at mind-blowing volume. Best avoided for a while until the managers see some sense.

noni mouse

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »
Seriously good sub-continental cuisine with the acoustics and ambiance that you would expect from a shed, because it is a shed!
F (Food)
9/10 .....yes seriously folks it is that good. Keep away from the stupid querky modern dishes and also avoid the special menu that the staff push relentlessly. Stick to the standards and especially the vegetarian sides.  Streets ahead of Rusholme and the curry mile.
S (Service)
3/10. Under-staffed team who are  sometimes overwhelmed by the deadly combination of take-away orders and demanding restaurant customers .
A (Ambiance)
2/10.....yes harsh but what can you do with what is basically a shed?  Don’t take your deaf aunt!

acoustician

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »

Some odd items on the menu, ... Helicopter Naan.  ??? ??? ???

My Boss lives near the one in Macclesfield, and apparently they do a helicopter naan as everyone else does a plain naan....

Groan!

noni mouse

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 10:59:16 AM »
It is certainly very popular. Difficult to book for weekends unless in advance. The food is very good, especially the veg options but the takeaway if only average. They are being a bit ambitious with the capacity of the kitchen and consequently the takeaway standards suffer. Worth a second visit when things calm down.