Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701812 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1553 on: April 25, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »
..."seems an odd thing to do"...

I agree but she's probably an odd person like the rest of us on this website.

Miss Marple

« Reply #1552 on: April 25, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »
I am self employed !

Cripes

« Reply #1551 on: April 25, 2012, 04:40:26 PM »
Hello Cripes,

No I have to say that I have not actually read 34 "irrelevant" FOI requests ! Have you ? If so why?
To prove some obscure point, that Miss M sends in pointless FOI requests - point proven.

What shall we do, take her outside and shoot her ? Is that what we're up to on this website -petty vindictiveness, just because someone gets you mad ? Therefore we go on to debate their actions which we consider to be irrelevant and pointless anyway.

The short answer to that is because it's public money which I have contribued to.

The long answer is that I was under the impression Miss M is employed by the public sector and the nature of her job means that she witnesses people in distress. I should imagine that the cuts in this sector must not make her job any easier or help her clients. Therefore wasting what little money there is (note I didn't say all the ROIs were all irrelevant) seems an odd thing to do.

simonesaffron

« Reply #1550 on: April 25, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »
Hello Cripes,

No I have to say that I have not actually read 34 "irrelevant" FOI requests ! Have you ? If so why?
To prove some obscure point, that Miss M sends in pointless FOI requests - point proven.

What shall we do, take her outside and shoot her ? Is that what we're up to on this website -petty vindictiveness, just because someone gets you mad ? Therefore we go on to debate their actions which we consider to be irrelevant and pointless anyway.

Cripes

« Reply #1549 on: April 25, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »
Oh yes there have been a few in conection with the supermarket !
Such as?
Every FOI request costs money. Interestingly, the leader of Tyneside Council, when interviewed about the principle of such requests, branded FOI-Requesters as, in the main, "...lazy busybodies...wanting excitement in their lives" and it would be unfortunate were local and genuine any Marple issues to be tarred with the same sort of brush with requests which don't really say anything of real value. Or do they? Has anyone seen a FOI request anywhere and thought "Wow - I never knew that!!" ?

So let's not unjustly pillory Miss M for her possibly, excessive FOI zeal. Her motivation is in only trying to uncover things which is the opposite of "Geordie Tyneside" who is trying to cover them up.

Unjustly?! Are you kidding, 34 requests, and if you read through them, the majority irrelevant.

simonesaffron

« Reply #1548 on: April 25, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »
Such as?
Every FOI request costs money. Interestingly, the leader of Tyneside Council, when interviewed about the principle of such requests, branded FOI-Requesters as, in the main, "...lazy busybodies...wanting excitement in their lives" and it would be unfortunate were local and genuine any Marple issues to be tarred with the same sort of brush with requests which don't really say anything of real value. Or do they? Has anyone seen a FOI request anywhere and thought "Wow - I never knew that!!" ?

Of course FOI requests cost money - our money. Save me from the views of the leader of Tyneside Council, why should his view prevail ? He's a politician and all politicians with no exception try to hide issues from members of the public. By nature they don't like FOI requests. Using him as an example is like asking the hangman to comment on the abolition of capital punishment.To say what he said is patronising and insulting to genuine people who ask for genuine, FOI requests. If my recall is correct the recent MP'S xpenses scandal was uncovered as a direct consequence of an FOI request, well at the time ... "Wow - I never knew that!! - I'm sure that there are many more ...to which we could apply the same exclamation.

So let's not unjustly pillory Miss M for her possibly, excessive FOI zeal. Her motivation is in only trying to uncover things which is the opposite of "Geordie Tyneside" who is trying to cover them up.

marpleexile

« Reply #1547 on: April 25, 2012, 10:22:21 AM »
Such as?

Miss Marple

« Reply #1546 on: April 24, 2012, 07:49:44 PM »

Heritage

« Reply #1545 on: April 24, 2012, 06:28:27 PM »

Dave

« Reply #1544 on: April 18, 2012, 11:42:58 PM »
Indeed. And in what way is that relevant to Miss M's FOI request??

amazon

« Reply #1543 on: April 18, 2012, 09:41:13 PM »
It was never Tesco. Not sure Asda have the same policy.
Never said it was .ionly said tesco stopped building supermarkets .

richard

« Reply #1542 on: April 18, 2012, 08:58:44 PM »
It was never Tesco. Not sure Asda have the same policy.

amazon

« Reply #1541 on: April 18, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »
When Miss M posted this particular FOI request, she wrote:
Now this should be interesting  :o But I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.  I will keep you posted !

When the link to the response appeared, I enquired:
you wrote that you expected it to be interesting. Is it?

Later, Miss M wrote:
it's all building up  a picture,  all will become clear

So come on Miss M, stop doing the Dance of the Seven Veils  ;)  Keep us posted.  Is it interesting or not?   What's this picture it's building up?   When will all become clear?
. Tesco have stopped building new supermarkets upgrading the ones they have .

Dave

« Reply #1540 on: April 18, 2012, 07:55:42 AM »
When Miss M posted this particular FOI request, she wrote:
Now this should be interesting  :o But I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.  I will keep you posted !

When the link to the response appeared, I enquired:
you wrote that you expected it to be interesting. Is it?

Later, Miss M wrote:
it's all building up  a picture,  all will become clear

So come on Miss M, stop doing the Dance of the Seven Veils  ;)  Keep us posted.  Is it interesting or not?   What's this picture it's building up?   When will all become clear?

Miss Marple

« Reply #1539 on: April 17, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »
Paula, why do you feel you needed to use the FOI Act to find out who was funding Dan Bank when a sinple, civil letter to SMBC would have sufficed? Also, the FOI request re Christina Cassidy's past employment history is, in my opinion, verging towards bullying. Not for nothing did Tony Blair say the FOI Act was his biggest regret in politics.
Raymond keep your powder dry  it's all building up  a picture,  all will become clear, don't excite yourself so much it's not good !  :-*