Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701718 times)

Dave

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1538 on: April 17, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »
Not for nothing did Tony Blair say the FOI Act was his biggest regret in politics.

Indeed.  I shudder to think how much taxpayers' money has been squandered on dealing with trivial and pointless FOI requests.  Let's hope some sensible government repeals it, or at least amends it to make it less open to this sort of abuse. 

Bowden Guy

« Reply #1537 on: April 17, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »
Paula, why do you feel you needed to use the FOI Act to find out who was funding Dan Bank when a sinple, civil letter to SMBC would have sufficed? Also, the FOI request re Christina Cassidy's past employment history is, in my opinion, verging towards bullying. Not for nothing did Tony Blair say the FOI Act was his biggest regret in politics.

Dave

« Reply #1536 on: April 16, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »
Thanks tricky.  So we now know that Miss M has cost the taxpayer £5,440,  by submitting 34 FOI requests at an average cost of £160 to process.  So let's hope they weren't all as pointless as this one was  ::) 

Tricky

« Reply #1535 on: April 16, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
FOI Course Request.xlsx
59K Download View as HTML

Please find attached a spread sheet in response to your query

I don't know have to paste the spread sheet  but you can click on to What do They Know to view it !

For those who are interested, the spreadsheet Miss Marple refers to can be found by clicking "Curriculum" here _ http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/miss_marple
meh

sooty2

« Reply #1534 on: April 15, 2012, 10:53:03 PM »

16 March 2012 Freedom of Information Request

Dear Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College,

Please provide a detailed list of all subjects / courses on the
Hibbert Lane Campus and Buxton Lane Campus for the periods
2006-2007
2008-2009
2010-2011
Also the subjects / courses that are currently available on both Marple
sites for this year 2012
Can you also highlight courses/subjects that have been transferred
during any of the requested periods to The Cheadle site

Yours faithfully,

Miss Marple

Now this should be interesting  :o But I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.  I will keep you posted !

Very interesting to me that Andrew Hubert has stated the following,to your FOI request

"There have been no courses transferred from Marple to Cheadle during the
periods mentioned"Regards Andrew Hubert.

Thankyou for your posting MM,At least you tell it as it is.Of course my post will be of no interest to some.But they will no doubt still feel the need to make a comment on a subject they are not interested in.

Dave

« Reply #1533 on: April 15, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
I can't see anything of interest or significance there. But you requested the information, not me, and you wrote that you expected it to be interesting. Is it?

Miss Marple

« Reply #1532 on: April 15, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Your the education man ! You tell me  :-\

Dave

« Reply #1531 on: April 15, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »
So what should we be looking for on the spreadsheets, Miss M?

Miss Marple

« Reply #1530 on: April 14, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »
FOI Course Request.xlsx
59K Download View as HTML

Please find attached a spread sheet in response to your query

I don't know have to paste the spread sheet  but you can click on to What do They Know to view it !

Miss Marple

« Reply #1529 on: March 17, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »

16 March 2012 Freedom of Information Request

Dear Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College,

Please provide a detailed list of all subjects / courses on the
Hibbert Lane Campus and Buxton Lane Campus for the periods
2006-2007
2008-2009
2010-2011
Also the subjects / courses that are currently available on both Marple
sites for this year 2012
Can you also highlight courses/subjects that have been transferred
during any of the requested periods to The Cheadle site

Yours faithfully,

Miss Marple

Now this should be interesting  :o But I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.  I will keep you posted !

Dave

« Reply #1528 on: March 15, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »
Yes, but what they would earn is small beer, especially in the current financial climate.  It would certainly be nowhere near the millions they need to finance a new build. 

In that case, there isn't a business case for it, simple as.

Come on Dukey, you know as well as I do that how an organisation raises the upfront capital for a project is one thing - whether there is a good business case for it is an entirely separate matter.   

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1527 on: March 15, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »
I really really hope that the planning committee base this decision on politics if they say yes because that would be fantastic.  sure a judical Review under those circumstances would be extremely easy to win just based on them ignoring national planning regulations and clearly openly ignoring the local plan.. would be brilliant!!

However it wont happen..

All politicians decisions are based on politics. The art of the politician is to make it appear that it is based on everything else but. They are very accomplished at it.

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1526 on: March 15, 2012, 10:35:12 AM »
Following on from the AC debate.

There is a question which should be asked to the Gang of Three and to my knowledge it never has been.

Its this...; WHY HAVE YOU AS EXPERIENCED POLITICIANS ALLOWED YOURSELVES TO BE PUT IN A POSITION OF PRE-DETERMINATION THUS SILENCING THE LOCAL COUNCILLORS COMMUNITY VOICE AS FAR AS THE PLANNING APPLICATION IS CONCERNED WHEN TO GIVE THIS VOICE IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WERE ELECTED FOR?

One for you at the next AC Miss Marple?

Duke Fame

« Reply #1525 on: March 15, 2012, 10:21:07 AM »
Yes, but what they would earn is small beer, especially in the current financial climate.  It would certainly be nowhere near the millions they need to finance a new build. 

In that case, there isn't a business case for it, simple as.

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1524 on: March 15, 2012, 09:52:22 AM »
As you say, the Gang of Three are are openly pre-determined and are therefore excluded from the formal process. IMHO, these three will probably speak on the night, citing their predetermination whilst ostensibly condemning ASDA and CAMSFC but really wishing to refer the matter to Central Planning Committee (CPC) as quickly as possible thus absolving them of any community responsibility whatever the future outcome. When you think about it this pre-detrmination is a shrewd political electioneering move and by this time two of them at least will be safe untill 2016.

As If this isn't enough to render the AC toothless and it is - by a mile, the fourth Councillor occupies a seat on CPC. If he speaks out (whatever his view) he will have predetermined his view at the AC for CPC and will not be allowed to sit on the CPC. My view is that he will stand down on the night of the AC so he can go to CPC. If he does this then the AC has no legitimate quoracy.

So unless the Gang of Three do a "U" turn or formally withdraw their opposition to CAMSFC/ASDA - its not impossible, then the AC is what is known in polite circles as well and truly stuffed.