Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701595 times)

Dave

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1463 on: March 06, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »
Hawk Green chippy?   :P

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1462 on: March 05, 2012, 10:29:33 PM »
Should we be interested in this?

We cannot know for sure what effect the Hibbert Lane ASDA will have on local businesses. Some believe that it will take customers away from the town centre and that the impact will be negative whilst others hold the opposite view. There are though two businesses in Marple that will decidedly benefit if ASDA comes to town. They will benefit from construction of the store, they will benefit after it is built and their benefit will be ongoing for as long as the store survives. Guess Who ?

Harry

« Reply #1461 on: March 05, 2012, 10:16:47 PM »
Accepted. You can buy me a drink at the next Greek orgy.

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1460 on: March 05, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »
Meant as a joke Harry but I now realise may have been in bad taste -apologies.

Harry

« Reply #1459 on: March 05, 2012, 09:44:48 PM »
Amazing! Tupperware parties,  Bridge clubs, fare dodging - I didn't realise that Marple was so charged with iniquities. What next drive by shootings and greek style orgies? 

Hopefully we won't have any more drive-by shootings in Marple. One was enough.

See http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bullets-halt-the-rise-of-a-northern-gangster-1415880.html

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1458 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »
Amazing! Tupperware parties,  Bridge clubs, fare dodging - I didn't realise that Marple was so charged with iniquities. What next drive by shootings and greek style orgies? 

Barbara

« Reply #1457 on: March 02, 2012, 05:58:44 PM »
You tend to make some of us wild too, Miss M! ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #1456 on: March 02, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »
Hi Finetime I find your analysis amusing, it has brought some humour into my politically naive life, so for that I thank you !    Lol  :D

Thank you Miss Marple, your comments are indeed gracious.

There is one small question though, it is perhaps an example of MY OWN naivety....call me old-fashioned, I don't mind but I have never really been able to keep up with the Americanization of the English Language. To my deep chagrin I have never even watched one part of an episode of "Friends" nor have I seen the same of "Hannah Montana" or is it "Savannah"....apologies, I don't really know.
 Anyway, I have heard several versions of this acronym....but what actually does LOl mean?          
Strangely enough I don't watch TV, I find it boring, I'm more of a party animal, bingo , tea dances ,cheese and wine parties, Tupperware parties or bridge is my preferred recreation   !   Heather is correct it's Laugh out loud ! Or it could mean Love you Lots ! :-\   But in this case it's Laugh out loud  or when I am being really really crazy  I say OMG Lol   I'm just wild !
I'm just wild I am  ;)  

amazon

« Reply #1455 on: March 02, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »

That's what I said in my posting .

THAT'S AMAZING AMAZON - MUST BE SOME KIND OF TELEPATHIC TOGETHERNESS.

It's rude to shout .

amazon

« Reply #1454 on: March 02, 2012, 04:43:22 PM »
Hi Finetime I find your analysis amusing, it has brought some humour into my politically naive life, so for that I thank you !    Lol  :D

There is one small question though, it is perhaps an example of MY OWN naivety....call me old-fashioned, I don't mind but I have never really been able to keep up with the Americanization of the English Language. To my deep chagrin I have never even watched one part of an episode of "Friends" nor have I seen the same of "Hannah Montana" or is it "Savannah"....apologies, I don't really know.

Anyway, I have heard several versions of this acronym....but what actually does LOl mean?          

Wish you would speak in English .or go for a walk it's lovely out side .

heather

« Reply #1453 on: March 02, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
laugh out loud

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1452 on: March 02, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »
Hi Finetime I find your analysis amusing, it has brought some humour into my politically naive life, so for that I thank you !    Lol  :D

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1451 on: March 02, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »

As for 'popular opinion', we don't know what that is, yet. If you talk to friends and neighbours about this, as we all do, opinions seem to be divided.  Some are strongly opposed, some are strongly in favour, but my totally unscientific impression is that a lot of sensible people are waiting until they can see the proposals before they rush to judgement.

When I say popular opinion, I don't necessarily mean that the  "most" popular opinion is in the NO camp. For I agree with you Dave - we don't really know which way the wind blows on that one. There may indeed be as many FOR as there are AGAINST - or even MORE FOR than there are AGAINST. I accept that if you consider the petition that the NO camp seems to be bigger, but these petitions are inconclusive and at the moment many of these signatories are against the "idea" - they are not sure about the substance as nobody yet knows what that substance is.

Personally, I will wait until some plans and some sequential test results come into view before my mind is made up and I expect that many hold the same view.  Let's just see what comes to the table.

Dave

« Reply #1450 on: March 02, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »
I think it should be up to Miss M to declare a cease-fire   ;D

Barbara

« Reply #1449 on: March 02, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »
I agree Dave, people are waiting for specific proposals before making up their minds.  And on a lighter note - are we declaring at 100 pages???