Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701884 times)

BidingTime

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #458 on: July 30, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »
Where does anyone get the idea Marples roads are only busy at rush hour ?? i've already answered this in another post but Marples "rush hour" is not ONE hour morning and evening.........its for HOURS (pleural).
Try leaving Marple YEAR ROUND anytime between 7am and 9.30am and returning between 3pm and 6pm and then say Marples roads are not busy.

OF COURSE people are going to be shopping to and from a proposed Tescos between the hours of 3pm and 6pm.

The idea that Marple has ONE rush hour AM and PM is fantasy and i can only guess people who do not drive in and out of Marple at the times stated have that fantasy  ???

Miss Marple

« Reply #457 on: July 30, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
Hi Lisa at the meeting we had with the Principal and Mr Hubert (finance ) last Wed.  The principle informed all present that, she had two interested supermarkets but that they had a preferred one and  after the governors meeting in Oct 2011 she would be signing with her preferred supermarket.  When asked about issues the college would face re planning regulations her reply was that the colleges legal team had assured the college that they could over come any regulations which would prevent the college from selling and the supermarket from building.  We were all shocked that it had got this far and amazed at the confidence of the principle as she delivered the news.  We had also been informed that the people of Marple had been involved in a telephone poll that showed all involved that a supermarket was what the community wanted.  I have not been contacted have you or has anyone you know been contacted ?

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #456 on: July 30, 2011, 05:55:07 PM »
but i thought the council planning department had already said that they would refuse planning app as its designated housing land? Becuase tis contrary to Stockports core planning stategy? so why is the planning dept now saying they can?

Victor M

« Reply #455 on: July 30, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
At the meeting last week the council planning dept (who have had exploratory talks with CAMSFC) when asked what size of Supermarket could they build on the site, replied one about the size of Morrissons in Cheadle Heath. He also pointed out that 10 years after they buy the site they can also build on the playing fields (another 5 acres) !!!
This ain't going to be a convenience store more like a horrible inconvenient store (for the people of Marple)+ retail park.

Miss Marple

« Reply #454 on: July 30, 2011, 05:50:19 PM »
The Civic society have information provided by Ms Cassidy   It was circulated at the Area committee meeting I will see if we can put the email on the site may have to get permission from college first this time  ;)

Tricky

« Reply #453 on: July 30, 2011, 05:25:19 PM »
I'm still wondering where the idea that Tesco are building a 6 acre, 24hr store comes from. What possible reason would they do that? It is ridiculous and will NOT happen.

The store in Stockport is in a catchment area of hundreds of thousands, next to the motorway etc. And just about justifies 24hr opening. Why would you possibly think it would make good business sense to open such a big store, not too far away from competition (sainsburys, morrisons, co-op)

IF Tesco buys the land (which will probably only happen if CAMSFC have already got permission for change of usage class) then it would be no bigger than the Glossop branch, perhaps even smaller and certainly not 24hrs.

-just guessing! Like everyone else is!!
meh

marpudlian

« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2011, 04:30:37 PM »
The Marple in Action website mentions "our already congested roads". The roads in Marple are only busy at rush hour, in the morning and mid-afternoon. A new supermarket won't suddenly mean lots of people coming to Marple to go shopping during rush hour.

It also mentions the new supermarket should "Have conditions imposed so that it can only sell groceries (no flowers, newspapers, stationery, clothes, shoes, electrical goods) so that it doesn't impact on local shops too much." I don't see anyone telling the Co-op they should stop selling certain things.  ::)

Miss Marple

« Reply #451 on: July 30, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »
I am getting a little concerned that some people I have been speaking to do not understand just how large this supermarket is going to be  ??? Some people think that's it's going to be something like a Tesco Express using the 1934 building  ???  Now I can not do it, but I am sure someone can, So can we put on here a picture of the one in Cheadle Heath giving height and coverage   The land at Hibbert Lane is 8.6 acres and the supermarket can built on nearly 6 acres.   That's the size of 6 FOOTBALL PITCHES!   Can you imagine the amount of noise and lights 24 hrs a day 264 days of the year   :-*
Residents are also becoming concerned on Buxton Lane and Cross lane due to when the Hibbert Lane college closes they will have twice as much traffic, twice as many coaches and twice as many students  Cross Lane is also concerned that they maybe become the rat run off Stockport Road up to the supermarket

Miss Marple

« Reply #450 on: July 30, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »
Some posters have been put up tonight on trees , look out as your passing ! Sadly not as many as we would have liked because we were getting stopped often by concerned residents who were worried about the increased traffic a supermarket would bring and the safety of their children with increased traffic.  We also spoke to many elderly people who live at the side of the college and across the road who were in fear of the increased crime and noise a supermarket would bring ? SHAME ON YOU MS CASSIDY AND MR HUBERT I HOPE YOU CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT !  OH SILLY ME YOU DON'T LIVE HERE DO YOU !   

We also gave a clear message to residents to ask their local councillors what they are doing because if the councillors are not behind this all the way the LIBERALS will be out of Marple and we will have an out of work M

To put this in perspective the size of the supermarket will be the size of 6 Football pitches and don't let them tell you any different !   TURN THIS VILLAGE RED   PLEASE PUT YOUR POSTER UP. BELIEVE ME TESCO WILL BE MONITORING THE COMMUNITIES REACTION !!!
Have you had permission to post on trees .
. IS IT YOU THAT HAS TAKEN THEM DOWN?  IF IT IS HIBBERT LANE RESIDENTS ARE AFTER YOU  :o
WE HAVE GOT PLENTY MORE  :-*. BIGGER AND BETTER !!!  :-*

sooty2

« Reply #449 on: July 30, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »
No trees were harmed, I saw people hugging them ,speaking to them and kissing them all goodnight. ZZZZZZ Awh!!

amazon

« Reply #448 on: July 30, 2011, 12:48:22 PM »
Some posters have been put up tonight on trees , look out as your passing ! Sadly not as many as we would have liked because we were getting stopped often by concerned residents who were worried about the increased traffic a supermarket would bring and the safety of their children with increased traffic.  We also spoke to many elderly people who live at the side of the college and across the road who were in fear of the increased crime and noise a supermarket would bring ? SHAME ON YOU MS CASSIDY AND MR HUBERT I HOPE YOU CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT !  OH SILLY ME YOU DON'T LIVE HERE DO YOU !   

We also gave a clear message to residents to ask their local councillors what they are doing because if the councillors are not behind this all the way the LIBERALS will be out of Marple and we will have an out of work MP

To put this in perspective the size of the supermarket will be the size of 6 Football pitches and don't let them tell you any different !   TURN THIS VILLAGE RED   PLEASE PUT YOUR POSTER UP. BELIEVE ME TESCO WILL BE MONITORING THE COMMUNITIES REACTION !!!
Have you had permission to post on trees .

Miss Marple

« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2011, 11:10:50 AM »
Just spoken to Margaret Mclay to express concerns at her involvement in any decision to allow the college to be sold to a supermarket.  Ms Mclay continually stated that she had raised her concerns with Ms Cassidy about the opposition the college would face in Marple if the college continued down this route.  Ms Mclay stated that she really did not think that the principle understands how strong the community feelings are towards the college being used for retail.   I have asked Ms Mclay to pass on the concerns of residents to the college governors and to advise her that public opposition is growing and that the last Area Committee meeting whereby 300 concerned residents gathered was really only the start.  What was interesting was that Ms Mcay told me that the college now had some form of charity status which they had recently been given. What was also interesting was that Ms Mclay said that she did not know that the college had missed out on funding due to not applying in time and that she would be speaking directly to the college and governors about this matter.
Ms Mcay also told me about how Holmfirth had won their battle against Tesco with the help of the Coop !  SO BRING IT ON BRYCE !    ;D.   BRYCE FOR MP ??  ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2011, 12:32:11 AM »

We also gave a clear message to residents to ask their local councillors what they are doing because if the councillors are not behind this all the way the LIBERALS will be out of Marple and we will have an out of work MP

Miss Marple

« Reply #445 on: July 29, 2011, 11:47:48 PM »
Thanks for putting the link on Neil !  I Just couldn't  get the hang of it I think I was having a senior moment!  :o.

CHEERS MATE !!!!   :-*

NeilCorrie

« Reply #444 on: July 29, 2011, 11:42:40 PM »
There are posters that you can now download for you to display in your window or car, that say                     

SAVE OUR COMMUNITY

NO SUPERMARKET ON HIBBERT LANE

Here's the link http://www.marple-uk.com/marple-in-action/marple-in-action-no-poster.pdf