Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701657 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2011, 12:15:16 AM »
Tina I totally agree with you and believe me I am fully aware that the coop has a monopoly in Marple  I can honestly say that I am not against anyone for what views they hold. One of the things that should happen is that the coop should allow Hanburys to be sold to another retailer so that there is competition for the coop    I think that it's just the way I come across on the forum that gets peoples backs up and that's strange because  it's a funny old world but I think  you do know me because I think I know you .  Well Memo to self !  Think before you post !  ;)

tina

« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2011, 11:58:11 PM »
I know I'm not alone having home deliveries as there is always tesco, asda, and sainsbuy van's driving around Marple at different times everyday. So you all dont shop local for your main shop and the shops in Marple have not closed down beacause of it.

tina

« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2011, 11:53:16 PM »
Post overwritten. Please do not respond aggressively to other users. Admin.

Reference to overwritten post removed. Admin.

Passionate about it ... you carry on   .... but to be a good campaigner, you must not alienate people who initially may support you , but then back out because they cant stand the aggro it creates, this is a community where everyones opinions matter, to get people on side, you need to be very open minded   .

Because you care  .... believe me, I care, I care about my children, where they live, their community ( I do enough in it off my own back believe me , but thats another story ) , but  I also am not blinkered that this is a modern world we are living in, and for their future, sometimes, just sometimes, we have to accept change  .... most people dont work nine to five anymore, I work day times, but also evening times .... its rare im even able to shop nine to five  .... sad but true !  I wouldnt want the demise of local shops anymore than you would , so dont imply that others dont care because they may support, sit on the fence or whatever when it comes to something that you feel passionate about,  because quite simply YOU are not being fair  .

I'll leave you to it Miss Marple , Good luck :)

I have to agree with this, it has become uncomfortable reading. I fully respect peoples opinions and wouldn't force my views on anybody. Not everybody wants a new supermarket in Marple ( I do ) I shop local, but do my main shop online at asda. its cheaper than the co-op and delivers at my convenience as a single mother with no car it suits me... If there was another supermarket in Marple I would shop there.
another thought...think of the jobs what would be made available for all the local people.
That is just my opinion and not forcing it on anyone, just adding to the debate

Rachael

« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »

Reference to overwritten post removed. Admin.

Passionate about it ... you carry on   .... but to be a good campaigner, you must not alienate people who initially may support you , but then back out because they cant stand the aggro it creates, this is a community where everyones opinions matter, to get people on side, you need to be very open minded   .

Because you care  .... believe me, I care, I care about my children, where they live, their community ( I do enough in it off my own back believe me , but thats another story ) , but  I also am not blinkered that this is a modern world we are living in, and for their future, sometimes, just sometimes, we have to accept change  .... most people dont work nine to five anymore, I work day times, but also evening times .... its rare im even able to shop nine to five  .... sad but true !  I wouldnt want the demise of local shops anymore than you would , so dont imply that others dont care because they may support, sit on the fence or whatever when it comes to something that you feel passionate about,  because quite simply YOU are not being fair  .

I'll leave you to it Miss Marple , Good luck :)

Miss Marple

« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »

Rachael

« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »

After reading this,  I wont be posting much  now  on this website, Im sorry Mark, but I honestly have read enough, not just on this topic but others too,  its reading things like this that are driving people away and not posting anymore .

Im sick of the bickering,  Im sick of feeling that if you have an opinion that differs to some of the stronger posters on this board, then its classed as nonsense ( thats not necessarily from me, but from talking to other local people, and I have mentioned this in the past ) .

The whole Tesco issue is supposed to be bringing people together no matter what their opinions are on the matter , often I have had my mind changed on a subject by discussions and other peoples valid and thoughtfull opinions, on this, i feel its either one way , or no way .

You have worked so hard on this website, and commited so much of your own time , but I feel that the hard work you are doing  is being over run by sometimes what seems hysteria and one upmanship , this website is your hard work, and I sometimes feel, that its been taken advantage of to make a point .( nobody shoot me  its my own personal opinion )

Good luck with the campaign against Tescos for who ever gets involved , I actually voted for " I dont mind "  ... and Im certainly not going to feel guilty for it either .

Miss Marple

« Reply #257 on: July 21, 2011, 09:45:58 PM »

NeilCorrie

« Reply #256 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »
Quote from: Duke Fame
Just saying that the FOI isn't for requests to private businesses, it's for local authorities etc.

Quote from: Duke Fame
If you follow the FOI request, TEsco have actually replied!
Thank you for contacting Tesco Grocery Home Shopping.
Please be assured that one of our team will be in touch with you shortly. However, the answer to some of the most common questions we receive can also be found on our website e.g. Payment issues, cancel or amend orders, manage your account and much more. So please feel free to visit the Help pages at:
www.tesco.com/groceries/<http://www.tesco.com/groceries/help/?rel...>
In the meantime, thank you for your ongoing patience.
Kind regards

Hi Duke,

It's the equivalent of an "out of office" reply.  It's the stock response automatically initially returned by Tesco via that site.  If you look a bit further you'll see that Tesco are obliged to respond, see http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/tesco : "Any person or company providing general ophthalmic services or pharmaceutical services under the National Health Service Act 2006 or the National Health Service (Wales) Act 2006, is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 respect of information relating to the provision of those services.".

And if you take a look further, you'll see they have responded to some other FOI requests (same URL), particularly the ones where people have been concerned about Crucible and its privacy implications.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Duke Fame

« Reply #255 on: July 21, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »
You said Tesco's have left you two messages on your phone, did you speak to them? This seems so much more of a breakthrough than your other news.

Duke Fame

« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2011, 09:24:32 PM »
Have you got a better idea Duke Fame ?  You know !  Every little helps !

Just saying that the FOI isn't for requests to private businesses, it's for local authorities etc.

I was wrong as it happens, there was a reply. Tesco said 'Thank you for using Tesco delivery service, you can amend your order online'

. No couldnt have been that !   I shop local !  Don't you  :-\

If you follow the FOI request, TEsco have actually replied!

Thank you for contacting Tesco Grocery Home Shopping.

Please be assured that one of our team will be in touch with you shortly. However, the answer to some of the most common questions we receive can also be found on our website e.g. Payment issues, cancel or amend orders, manage your account and much more. So please feel free to visit the Help pages at:

www.tesco.com/groceries/<http://www.tesco.com/groceries/help/?rel...>

In the meantime, thank you for your ongoing patience.

Kind regards

[cid:78c62857-d7e5-43bf-b9f8-c5816e996efd]

Miss Marple

« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »
Everything is now coming together and 'Marple In Action' will be able to give more details of the plan of action over the weekend.   We have gained the interest  of local councillors with who we will be speaking to over the next couple of days.  One LARGE Marple Business has been in touch and is closely watching the developments.  It's amazing how many local people have not heard about the proposed development so if you can, spread the word, I think that SGK and Come on Nick get Real have brought some new and welcomed ideas and I am sure we will be using that kind of technology to get our message across.   As I have always said, this Forum will be the first to know all the latest developments and planed action from 'Marple In Action '. Please register on the forum if you think you can help in anyway all participation, enthusiasm and shoe leather welcome

Miss Marple

« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2011, 12:56:20 PM »
I have put a link to this website and a brief statement regarding the possible future plans of the college. I have over 2,500 friends on there and I'm hoping it will help get more support and get the word out to Marple residents that might not know about it.
That's fantastic stuff!  That technology wouldn't work for me as I only have 4 friends on face book ;). Well done for doing this the more people that know about this the better  WHAT A TEAM !  :D

Miss Marple

« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2011, 12:39:19 PM »
Have you got a better idea Duke Fame ?  You know !  Every little helps !

I was wrong as it happens, there was a reply. Tesco said 'Thank you for using Tesco delivery service, you can amend your order online'

. No couldnt have been that !   I shop local !  Don't you  :-\

Duke Fame

« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »
Aquinas used Building Schools for the Future monies

No it didn't - it came from the Learning and Skills Council, now defunct - just like BSF!  I believe the previous government had planned to open up BSF to sixth form colleges, but they were overtaken by events in May last year! 

Yes they did.

As for events last year, we can be very thankful

Dave

« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »
Aquinas used Building Schools for the Future monies

No it didn't - it came from the Learning and Skills Council, now defunct - just like BSF!  I believe the previous government had planned to open up BSF to sixth form colleges, but they were overtaken by events in May last year!