Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Asda comes to Marple?  (Read 30957 times)

heather

Re: Asda comes to Marple?
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2011, 08:53:59 PM »
well the shop assistant shouldn't have started to read the paper she was scanning and next time i will sit in the car  and send you in on your own ha ha

Susan

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2011, 06:37:40 PM »
I know mum i wont take you in there ever again...... ;)

mabel

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
According to the sign in the window Grenaby Farm said they had found it increasingly difficult to earn a decent living over the last 4 years and had decided to close down, but thanked everyone for their custom.

sooty2

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2011, 06:21:46 PM »

yes they did a runner with the take ins

How does one do a runner with ones own takings?If the business owner decided to shut up for the last time,which i'm sure they would of given great consideration to.Leave the days takings in an empty premises?You would either bank it or do what needs to be done.Now if an employee who had been given the task of banking the takings decided not to, and keep the money for himself never to return it,then the term Ran off with the takings could apply. If I was the owner of Grenaby Farm I would not be happy with the statement you have made in public.There is probably a sad  story of a battle to keep the business afloat in these hard times!

marpudlian

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2011, 10:59:20 PM »
Apparently the staff at the college were informed about the college's plans a while ago.  If the college sells the land to a supermarket they will get more money than if they sell it for housing.  I notice the Grenaby Farm shop has closed down.  Another empty shop in Marple.

Grenaby Farm closed down months ago after an electrical fire.

There have also been several new shops which have opened in the past few months, including a new cafe, a bike shop and a newsagents.

heather

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2011, 07:36:55 PM »
had to call in the co-op today(my grandsons wanted crumpets for lunch)  my daughter wont take me in again any time soon hahahahah

amazon

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
Apparently the staff at the college were informed about the college's plans a while ago.  If the college sells the land to a supermarket they will get more money than if they sell it for housing.  I notice the Brnaby Farm shop has closed down.  Another empty shop in Marple.

yes they did a runner with the take ins

mabel

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2011, 03:44:47 PM »
Apparently the staff at the college were informed about the college's plans a while ago.  If the college sells the land to a supermarket they will get more money than if they sell it for housing.  I notice the Grenaby Farm shop has closed down.  Another empty shop in Marple.

amazon

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2011, 02:31:10 PM »
I've been asking Co-op workers about the rumours to this Asda subject and they know nothing about it.

why should they no anything about it .

Mr Marple

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2011, 12:11:35 PM »
I've been asking Co-op workers about the rumours to this Asda subject and they know nothing about it.

marpudlian

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2011, 10:59:27 PM »
I would actually support another large supermarket in Marple. A Tesco would be ideal.

Miss Marple

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »
Where has this term 'BIG supermarket' come from?

Nobody has any idea what size it could possibly be. No planning application has been put in.
Big Light, Big Society, Big Utility Bills, Big Problems !

Neil Smith

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »
Nothing new here when Hollins mill was knocked down and the co-op built this was what people in Marple where saying but the www was not around then.

Harry

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
... consider what it will look like when many of the independent shops are put out of business and are boarded up or become charity shops and pound shops.

Its already happened. Just look at how many empty shops there are in Marple, and how many of the open ones are charity shops.

Cyberman

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »
....consider what it will look like when many of the independent shops are put out of business and are boarded up or become charity shops and pound shops.

Don't forget the betting shops - they'll probably survive, to entertain the part-time Tesco/Asda shelf-stackers when they're not on shift.