To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Seventeen Windows  (Read 207017 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Seventeen Windows
« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2011, 11:43:07 PM »
Getting back to the heart of this topic - what is happening with the Local Government Ombudsman's investigation into 17 Windows? Those of you who have been corresponding with Andrew Stunell and the council, isn't it time you asked for an update if you haven't had anything recently? How long does a LGO investigation take for goodness sake!
I contacted Andrew Stunell and  have been promised a copy of the findings which has not apparently been upheld so the constituent in question has been advised to go to the next stage

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #480 on: January 11, 2011, 09:04:14 PM »
Getting back to the heart of this topic - what is happening with the Local Government Ombudsman's investigation into 17 Windows? Those of you who have been corresponding with Andrew Stunell and the council, isn't it time you asked for an update if you haven't had anything recently? How long does a LGO investigation take for goodness sake!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Duke Fame

« Reply #479 on: January 11, 2011, 08:52:23 PM »
Duke, Lets get one thing straight. If you are new to the area you don't know me personally or as a forum contributor. I am not a so called nimby!Seventeen Windows is in Offerton,hardly near my back yard. I object to planning departments giving the go ahead to unsympathetic restorations to buildings  and landscaping be they listed or not. I also object to the fact that public money was used to fund landscaping and fencing for a private dwelling, in exchange for a strip of land that is niether here nor there.You have a lot to learn or are you just a wind up merchant?I like a bit of winding up it gets people going and can be healthy when it leads to discussion, ideas and other input.But your kind of wind up ,from someone who spouts off about issues you know nothing about makes me laugh. I have never mentioned his decorating or aything else inside his property I don't give a flying Fig.I do not wan't to see ill passed plans or gifting to individuals in Marple, Offerton or anywhere else in my country.  Next issue Mr Fame? P.s the website has a spell checker for all to use.I find it curteous to forum members that posts are easy to read.

Fair enough Bless, what I should have done is appologise for being new to Marple and this forum, maybe say something like “I appologise but being a recent immigrant to Marple and brand new to this site I haven’t had a chance to read all the background to the 17 windows issue.”

Without appreciating it was public money spent on the property, it appeared that the complaints were all about the owner’s taste in design. Putting the issue of public money to one side, I thought it a bit off that the guy was being slated for his landscaping when after all, he’s the one who has to live in the property.

Now, having taken in the situation, I agree, the council should not be wasting our money somebody’s garden. Again, I should have posted something along those lines i.e. “I don’t like public money being spent on a private dwelling. I couldn’t care less if it’s pretty or not, just not happy about it being my money.”

OK, I’m a bit new and sometimes cliques form and it’s hard to get acceptance. What I tried to do was address the issues with humour in a slightly irreverent way. In making you laugh, I’ve clearly achieved and whilst I don’t a expect thanks, it’s nice to know I’ve brightened u your day, you’re very welcome.

On the spelling issue, I didn’t realize there was a spell checker, no wonder I received such a ‘curt’ reply ;-). I’m often typing blind as when responding to a long post, the words being typed are not always visible.

Cripes

« Reply #478 on: January 11, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »
? P.s the website has a spell checker for all to use.I find it curteous to forum members that posts are easy to read.

Wow, 'courteous' is clearly a word close to your heart, Duke suffers with mild dyslexia, maybe you would benefit from using a dictionary to find out the true definition of that word and practice what you preach with the spell checker.

sooty2

« Reply #477 on: January 11, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »
Duke, Lets get one thing straight. If you are new to the area you don't know me personally or as a forum contributor. I am not a so called nimby!Seventeen Windows is in Offerton,hardly near my back yard. I object to planning departments giving the go ahead to unsympathetic restorations to buildings  and landscaping be they listed or not. I also object to the fact that public money was used to fund landscaping and fencing for a private dwelling, in exchange for a strip of land that is niether here nor there.You have a lot to learn or are you just a wind up merchant?I like a bit of winding up it gets people going and can be healthy when it leads to discussion, ideas and other input.But your kind of wind up ,from someone who spouts off about issues you know nothing about makes me laugh. I have never mentioned his decorating or aything else inside his property I don't give a flying Fig.I do not wan't to see ill passed plans or gifting to individuals in Marple, Offerton or anywhere else in my country.  Next issue Mr Fame? P.s the website has a spell checker for all to use.I find it curteous to forum members that posts are easy to read.

Duke Fame

« Reply #476 on: January 11, 2011, 12:07:58 PM »
Duke Fame, I gather from some of your posts you object to the council wasting your money. Seventeen windows and it's eyesore garden and multi fencing cost a lot of your money. £164k is that o.k with you? Because it's not with me!
Well said !!  I could not have put it better !!  maybe Duke Fame will agree when he has read the thread and he may also feel the injustice when he finds out about the cycle track which will cause a lot of tree felling and bring untold amounts of traffic through Marple and Otterspool with its proposed road widening scheme which will allow heavy lorries better access on to Otterspool Road  The cycle track is to put our environmental friends off the scent of the devastation which is about to happen on our lovely entrance to Marple (Dan Bank)
Quite right, Miss M, you didn’t put it better yourself, your post was quite confusing.

I appologise but being a recent immigrant to Marple and brand new to this site I haven’t had a chance to read all the background to the 17 windows issue.

The answer is no, I don’t like public money being spent on a private dwelling. I couldn’t care less if it’s pretty or not, just not happy about it being my money.

As for the idea that there will be heavy lorries, I don’t see that any lorry driver is going to think to himself, I know, I’ll take a short cut through Marple. It’s a pain in the you know to get in and out, the only lorries going to use the road are going to do so through necessity.

I’m not that sure about cycle lanes. Councils were given grants for cycle ways back in the 80’s & 90’s but since been neglected. On my old route to work the cycle lane has am ‘anti bike’ barrier across two parts of it.

Victor M

« Reply #475 on: January 11, 2011, 11:24:47 AM »
Come on Miss Marple, the improved turning into Otterspool Road from Marple will not attract any more HGV traffic due to the weight restriction already on Strines Road. Most of the HGV traffic comes via Torkington Road.
Marple traffic should find it easier to go straight on at the junction instead of being held up behind traffic turning right.
The cycle lane will actually help the flow of traffic as they won't have to wait behind me as I slowly cycle up the hill.
In fact these latest works are probably the only bit that makes sense, apart from the work stabilising the road.

Miss Marple

« Reply #474 on: January 10, 2011, 11:59:46 PM »
Duke Fame, I gather from some of your posts you object to the council wasting your money. Seventeen windows and it's eyesore garden and multi fencing cost a lot of your money. £164k is that o.k with you? Because it's not with me!
Well said !!  I could not have put it better !!  maybe Duke Fame will agree when he has read the thread and he may also feel the injustice when he finds out about the cycle track which will cause a lot of tree felling and bring untold amounts of traffic through Marple and Otterspool with its proposed road widening scheme which will allow heavy lorries better access on to Otterspool Road  The cycle track is to put our environmental friends off the scent of the devastation which is about to happen on our lovely entrance to Marple (Dan Bank)

sooty2

« Reply #473 on: January 10, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »

Miss Marple

« Reply #472 on: January 10, 2011, 10:00:45 PM »
Hey Duke Fame !!  You got it in one ???  Don't think so  >:(

Duke Fame

« Reply #471 on: January 10, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »
It still looks as bad in 2011 !  Well no it doesn't it looks flippin worse !  Have you seen the state of the gardens !!   ???

I have to say, if I'd bought a house and decorated it to my taste, I'd not be pleased if a load of Nimby's went on a computer forum slagging my wallaper off. If you care that much, make the fella an offer nad move in yourselves.
  HELLO !!!!   its rented  ??? Have you bothered to read the thread before commenting :o

HELLO!!!! nice to get a welcome. I'm sure the owner is the one whoee spennt the money on making imporovements, I'd not expect him to publically slag off my herbatios borders.

Miss Marple

« Reply #470 on: January 10, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »
HELLO !!!!  its rented ??? Have you bothered to read the thread before commenting :o

Maybe Duke didn't have three weeks to spare......  ;)
Do you know you have missed your way !!  You could have been a comedian  :-\

Dave

« Reply #469 on: January 10, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »
HELLO !!!!   its rented  ??? Have you bothered to read the thread before commenting :o

Maybe Duke didn't have three weeks to spare......  ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #468 on: January 10, 2011, 07:08:30 PM »
It still looks as bad in 2011 !  Well no it doesn't it looks flippin worse !  Have you seen the state of the gardens !!   ???

I have to say, if I'd bought a house and decorated it to my taste, I'd not be pleased if a load of Nimby's went on a computer forum slagging my wallaper off. If you care that much, make the fella an offer nad move in yourselves.

Duke Fame

« Reply #467 on: January 09, 2011, 10:38:55 PM »