Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Which shop do you miss?  (Read 11386 times)

Susan

Re: Which shop do you miss?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »
Thank you Mark.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Susan

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 12:20:10 PM »
tina what time does it start and finish

tina

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 09:33:50 PM »
Right I've found out...it's a open day so anyone can turn up...the photograph's are going to be displayed in some class rooms 58-68 etc... I have asked about if they could be put on here and they are looking into it :)   enjoy all...see you then x

tina

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »
I'm more than sure it's a open day, so turn up on the day...I shall double check when I go in this morning. :)

Susan

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »
tina, do i need a appointment to see the photos, or can i just turn up on saturday and have a look at them.

tina

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 10:02:47 PM »
sorry..the photo's I was talking about are being put up around the school. There was a huge stack of them from over the last 50 years!
I will ask about them when I go into work in the morning.

Susan

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 09:48:38 PM »
just to ask mark sorry, but is it tickets on the 20th or can you you just turn up, if so what time does it run from

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 09:17:21 PM »
I know about the BBQ on 20th but where are they putting up the photos? Happy to add photos to the site but don't necessarily have the time to go chasing them. Is there anyone who could ask on our behalf when they take the kids to school?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

heather

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 08:43:35 PM »
sorry about this admin but is there any chance of getting the photos on the web site, maybe  a new section of all the schools in marples old photos could be interesting for all the old pupils thanks :)

tina

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 09:53:07 PM »
Heather... slightly off topic here sorry Mark! but.... Peacefield are putting photographs up of past and present pupils... there is a celebration bbq soon... go and have a look :0)
Back on topic :P.....  Tommo's we used to call in there on our way to Peacefield to buy a chocolate biscuit in purple foil for tuppence  lol   we used to call it the tuppence biscuit... the old man there was lovely :)

heather

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »
i have told you a million times i cant cook  so scones are of the menu for tea i will buy some from the shops instead ha ha ha  i remember the shops being built at the bottom of buxton lane my older sister dropped her tiny purse into the foundations with her birthday money in and one of the builders came over to try to get it out when he couldn't he gave her the money that was in it we was on our way home for dinner  from peacefield

tina

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 09:21:20 AM »
I miss  Lloyds TSB!   I now have to travel to Stockport! Grrr

Susan

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 08:14:08 AM »

does any one remember the copper kettle the nice little village tea room if so where was it, my husband keeps going on about how nice it was to have a cup of tea and a scone
You will just have to make him a nice cup of tea and some scones, hehe. make them on saturday when we are up for tea so that i can have some to, Thanks mum.

Tricky

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 11:51:20 PM »
I immediately thought of both the Bonbon and the Chocolate Box too! I remember the four shops at the bottom of Buxton Lane.. running towards Cross Lane.. When I was a lad (ahem) there was the grocers  and then where the hair dresser's used to be that was a hardware shop.. Then came Tommo's and nearest to Cross Lane was Mace!
meh