A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: House for sale ?!  (Read 5421 times)

House for sale ?!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 08:08:59 PM »
What about Hollins Green road. It backs on to station road, is very conveinient for centre and station. There are 3 or 4 houses up there (semi's) at the moment from about £189,000. They have very big gardens too, some of them.

thepickledonion

House for sale ?!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 09:35:11 PM »
thanks again !

I had been pre warned about driving to work ! Prob best to catch train. Although potentially got work in Widnes ??! ( 1 hour plus ) and also Altrincham ( 1 hour plus ) if I drive ?

Rachael

House for sale ?!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 08:56:55 PM »
www.rightmove.co.uk

This is a great website, it has several estate agencies in the area registered, just type in your area, your maximum amount and it does the rest.

alan@marple

House for sale ?!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 07:39:45 PM »
Just be warned about the traffic. If you work away from Marple and use your own Car, you need to be past Dooley Lane/Dan Bank by 6.55am, otherwise you will most likely have severe delays. Much easier on the train if your going to Manchester, or Bus to Stockport

thepickledonion

House for sale ?!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 07:23:56 PM »
Thanks for the advice Ladies

We will keep on looking for a house to buy !

House for sale ?!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 02:03:07 PM »
I AGREE WITH THE LAST REPLY STATION ROAD IS TRICKY FOR PARKING UNLESS YOU GET 1 OF THE BIGGER HOUSES WITH A DRIVE BUT THEN YOUR TALKING MORE MONEY YOU MAY BE BETTER OFF WITH SOMEWHERE LIKE DALE ROAD OR KAYSWOOD ROAD OR BOWDEN LANE ALL MAINLY 3 BED SEMIS NOT VICTORIAN I KNOW BUT NICE ANYWAY AND QUITE ROADS WITH THIER OWN DRIVES AS FOR PUBS THE RAILWAY IS A NICE QUITE PUB THATS NEAR POSE HILL RAILWAY STATION THE RING'O'BELLS NICE PUB WITH NICE PUB GRUB AND LOVELY IN THE SUMMER AS THE BEER GARDEN IVERLOOKS THE CANALS AND YOU CAN WATCH ALL THE BARGES PASSING THROUGH THE CROWN ON HAWK GREEN IS A NICE PUB BUT GETS QUITE BUSY AT TIMES BUT AGAIN GOOD FOOD THER IS THE ROMPER THATS A LITTLE BIT FURTHER UP HAWK GREEN BUT WELL WORTH THE EFFORT AGAIN EXCELLANT FOOD AND THE VIEWS IN THE SUMMER FROM THE BEER GARDEN ARE SECOND TO NONE THEN DOWN STATION ROAD AT THE BOTTOM NEAR MARPLE BRIDGE YOU HAVE THE MIDLAND THAT IS A BREWERS FAYRE PUB GREAT FAMILY PLACE VERY CHILD FRIENDLY AS ARE THE RING'O'BELLS THE CROWN AND THE ROMPER

HOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP

BEST WISHES AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE MOVE

REGARDS DAWN {MARPLE}

Rachael

House for sale ?!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 07:13:43 PM »
Station Road, the houses are lovely, but parking is a total nightmare for residents if you are looking at the terraced houses.  I would suggest you buy a house with a drive if you are looking around that area, only speaking as one of my friends has a house on that road.

For a detached in Marple, you are looking quite a bit over the 220.000 mark (cheapest I have seen was 215.00) for a three bedroom.

I live in a semi, built in the early seventies (dont quote me on that) and on my road they are going for around the 175.000 sort of range, this seems to be a similar sort of price around the area.

A family member lives in Marple bridge, there is a very good primary school (Ludworth), but on occasions they do feel a bit trapped, its a hill down into marple bridge, and its a hill up the other way.  A neighbour did say to me that if you have a pushchair in Marple bridge it can be a nightmare to get out of the place if you dont have a car, may be a slight exageration, but I do kind of see her point!!!

As for pubs in Marple, well, cant really help on that one, but I know a few of the regulars off here do the quiz in the Ring of Bells, as It is organised by members off here (I think!! )

Good luck anyway  ':laugh:'

thepickledonion

House for sale ?!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:30:54 PM »
Hi !

I plan to move to the Marple area around late summer time with my partner and our young baby daughter.

We will be looking to purchase a house . I am not from the area but really like around station road and obviously the Marple Bridge area is lovely. I was thinking if anybody is planning on selling their house or know of friends/family who are thinking of doing so we are looking for a house to buy - anything considered upto £200,000. Ideally a fair bit less say £165,000 upwards !! but in need of a little modernisation.We would prefer an older house (Victorian) but anything considered . If we cut out an estate agent the seller in particular will save more than a few pounds.

Also looking for a friendly pub for when I move back up north ( we are currently in the south! )

Thanks.