All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Abandoned Test & Trace Facility on Chadwick Street car park  (Read 2074 times)

mikes

Re: Abandoned Test & Trace Facility on Chadwick Street car park
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 10:38:27 AM »
So Test & Trace facility now removed but Chadwick St. still barricaded.

mikes

Re: COVID Testing Site
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2022, 10:11:08 AM »
Chadwick st still barricaded though

ROTHERS

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2022, 10:11:25 AM »
the POWER of the Forum... ;D

mikes

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2022, 07:10:07 PM »
It has gone

amazon

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022, 04:02:39 PM »
It does surprise me it's still there.  And there's some level of staffing too as I've seen lights on and doors open.  But is there that much need for the parking back?  I can't say I've done that much research but there's usually spaces on the Derby Way car park and we have several others.
could it be that the councill are recieving more from the testing site than they are in parking charges .

andrewbowden

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2022, 09:49:06 AM »
It does surprise me it's still there.  And there's some level of staffing too as I've seen lights on and doors open.  But is there that much need for the parking back?  I can't say I've done that much research but there's usually spaces on the Derby Way car park and we have several others.

ROTHERS

COVID Testing Site
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 09:28:33 AM »
Is anyone going to clear this eye sore and allow much needed additional parking (and income for the council)

GM

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 04:49:39 PM »
What's 37bn between friends, it's only one Hinkley point or a dreadnought submarine.

Howard

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 01:32:45 PM »
Hopefully!

It must be costing tax payers a huge amount to keep this abandoned facility going, not to mention the loss of parking revenue.

Define "huge amount". It's chickenfeed compared to the £37bn wasted on Test and Trace.

GM

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 12:58:48 PM »
Whilst the loss in revenue probably isn't too bad  at the moment it will become greater as we go into summer.

I think if anything it's more of a benefit for the local businesses when it's after hours free parking for the local restaurants etc.

mikes

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 11:42:23 AM »
Will they also be removing the road block as well ?.

Hopefully!

It must be costing tax payers a huge amount to keep this abandoned facility going, not to mention the loss of parking revenue.

andrewbowden

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 10:27:54 AM »
The test centre at Hyde (similar setup to Marple's, also in a car park) has been completely removed - you'd never know it was there.  I was surprised it was removed so quickly.

GM

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 09:55:33 AM »
Will they also be removing the road block as well ?.

mikes

Abandoned Test & Trace Facility on Chadwick Street car park
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 09:50:22 AM »

We have noticed that the NHS have moved from the test and trace facility on Chadwick Street car park in Marple a few weeks ago and the site now appears to be abandoned. Security is no longer present and the site is all closed up, though the generator is still running. I was wondering if any one knows when the site will be cleared as it is a serious impediment to Marple businesses and with a series of major events happening soon in Marple we really need the car park space to be reinstated asap.