Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Power cut  (Read 1272 times)

amazon

Re: Power cut
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 10:54:06 AM »
We're up near the ring o'bells. Ours went out at 7.30ish, then came back briefly, then went down again. Friends over in Marple bridge said theirs went out briefly then came back and stayed constant. Others near Rose Hill reported a brief flicker but no actual loss of power. It was frustrtating as we' were watching Strictly and - having paused it - had not even seen the scores for the first dance!  ;)

ENWL originally said they were aiming to get power back by 10.30, then updated that to say 1am. The fault was due to a problem with the high voltage cable. Our power actually came back at 11.56pm as I was woken by all the house alarms suddenly coming back on
Need to change  your Batteries in you alarm

Cyberman

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 10:31:48 AM »

nbt

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 08:15:00 AM »
We're up near the ring o'bells. Ours went out at 7.30ish, then came back briefly, then went down again. Friends over in Marple bridge said theirs went out briefly then came back and stayed constant. Others near Rose Hill reported a brief flicker but no actual loss of power. It was frustrtating as we' were watching Strictly and - having paused it - had not even seen the scores for the first dance!  ;)

ENWL originally said they were aiming to get power back by 10.30, then updated that to say 1am. The fault was due to a problem with the high voltage cable. Our power actually came back at 11.56pm as I was woken by all the house alarms suddenly coming back on
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

andrewbowden

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 01:07:43 PM »
My street went down for about two minutes at half nine which must have been related to them trying to fix the issues.  Didn't realise it was a bigger problem until now

Cyberman

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 11:56:27 PM »
It's not back here (near new co-op). Website says back 01:00.

Condate

Power cut
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 09:00:05 PM »
We, along with 1780 others, lost electricity at 19:32. Obviously, since I'm posting this, it is back again.  That's very good and quick work by Electricity North West.

Anyone know what the cable fault was?