Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Local safety matters X 2  (Read 1268 times)

andrewbowden

Re: Local safety matters X 2
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 09:07:11 AM »
I noticed on the way up to the Scout hut last night that some of the lights are now back on.  The path through the park and the car park for example.  Not the ones on the road though

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Local safety matters update
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 08:18:07 AM »
Police: Those who read community posts may be aware that communication with our local Police team has been ongoing following issues in parks etc. Last night at the full Council meeting we met the new Police commander for Stockport (John Webster). He was very positive about how he wants to drive our policing forward but was also openly honest in his view of the current standards. He has a real desire to return to active policing with key focuses being on convictions, crime reduction and care of residents. As a group his approach went down very well and results are already happening. Colin Macalister and I both asked questions relevant to Marple and we were impressed with his direct approach in wanting to help where we live.

Thank you for sharing those updates @Steve Gribbon, particularly for mentioning the presentation to council by the Chief Superintendent. I've just watched that and was impressed with the straight forward no-nonsense responses to councillors questions. I look forward to seeing the Chief Super bring about changes to neighbourhood policing that will make our community a safer place for everyone, especially with my interest in Marple Memorial Park and the ASB we have experienced over the last year.

I would recommend everyone take the time to watch the presentation and Q&A sessions that follows to learn what we should expect.

You can do so using this link: https://stockport.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/612334/start_time/3062000
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Steve Gribbon

Re: Local safety matters update
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 03:42:17 PM »
Good afternoon, I have a couple of local matters to report on:

Memorial Park lights: it is very disappointing that the lights have still not been repaired, I have seen Electricity North West carrying out tests etc but there is still no illumination. Because of this the Council have been asked by your local Councillors to provide immediate temporary lighting in the main car park and outside the scout hut and senior citizens hall. Thanks to those who took the time to speak to me when I spoke to park goers on Tuesday evening.

Grit bins: Thanks to those who spoke to me about refilling the bins before the weather gets colder and also those who offered suggestions of locations which would benefit from a bin. Those locations have been passed forward to Council officers for consideration. As there have been bin collection issues over the past few Months I have a concern this could happen with gritting so it is great that as a community we can be there to assist if need be.

Police: Those who read community posts may be aware that communication with our local Police team has been ongoing following issues in parks etc. Last night at the full Council meeting we met the new Police commander for Stockport (John Webster). He was very positive about how he wants to drive our policing forward but was also openly honest in his view of the current standards. He has a real desire to return to active policing with key focuses being on convictions, crime reduction and care of residents. As a group his approach went down very well and results are already happening. Colin Macalister and I both asked questions relevant to Marple and we were impressed with his direct approach in wanting to help where we live.

Finally, smoke alarms. With Christmas coming up it’s a good time to check your alarms are working correctly. If you are need of alarms then please call the Fire Service on 0800 555 815 and alarms will be fitted and provided at no cost to the caller.

Kind regards and stay safe

Steve

Steve Gribbon

Local safety matters X 2
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 06:21:54 PM »
Good evening. Two local safety matters:

I have tonight visited Memorial Park and found that the lights near the scout hut and car park are still not working. This is clearly unacceptable. I have contacted the department responsible for this work and asked for an explanation for why the fix has not happened and when it will take place. I will report back when a reply arrives.

Grit bins- I would be grateful if anyone who has a grit bin nearby to check if it is full so we are prepared for the change in conditions. If it needs topping up please let me know and I will arrange for this to happen. I like many others feel we would benefit from extra bins in the area, I have asked for extra locations to be considered and will delighted if manage to get any more.

Kind regards and stay safe

Steve