Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Lights at Memorial Park  (Read 1207 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Lights at Memorial Park
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 08:16:50 AM »
Hopefully so Mark, the connection team are due to be doing their work on the 19th so fingers crossed it will all be up and running when this happens.

Kind regards

Steve

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 08:04:01 AM »
Good evening. Some excellent park related news:
The lights at Memorial Park which have been out for some time will be fixed with work commencing on October 15th. An engineer will be on site before then to make sure everything is prepared correctly.
Thanks for those who have been in touch regarding this matter over the last few weeks. It has taken some time as it was more than a simple fix but the main thing is the lights will be on for our safety in the park.
I have also asked about lights to be fitted at the steps heading to Asda, this may take a little more time but I will update on here when I can.
Mark-hope this helps, the information regarding this came through last night.
Kind regards
Steve

Thanks Steve, does that mean it will be finished earlier than we were told (22 October) or is there a week's work to do before they are finished?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 07:58:47 AM »
Good evening. Some excellent park related news:
The lights at Memorial Park which have been out for some time will be fixed with work commencing on October 15th. An engineer will be on site before then to make sure everything is prepared correctly.
Thanks for those who have been in touch regarding this matter over the last few weeks. It has taken some time as it was more than a simple fix but the main thing is the lights will be on for our safety in the park.
I have also asked about lights to be fitted at the steps heading to Asda, this may take a little more time but I will update on here when I can.
Mark-hope this helps, the information regarding this came through last night.
Kind regards
Steve

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 06:06:02 PM »
Friends of be the Park have been told that it won't be fixed until 22 October but not why. You may notice that new lampposts are being installed along Memorial Park Drive and that must have something to do with it. The lamppost outside our house took over 18 months to repair due to being wired with Pyro cable. There is apparently only one or two engineers who can do it but I don't know if that is anything to do with the time it is taking in the park.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Cyberman

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 05:44:06 PM »
I tried to report this a while ago via the Stockport Council website. There's a clickable map for you to use to report faulty lamps. When you select these, you get the message "Faulty underground electrical supply. Passed to ENW for repair." Someone needs to give ENW a prod.

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 01:04:55 PM »
Yeah it's quite noticeable how dark it is when walking up to the Scout hut at night.

Steve Gribbon

Lights at Memorial Park
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 12:44:30 PM »
Good afternoon.

I am aware that the lights in and around Memorial Park are still not working. I have contacted the Council lighting department again regarding this and asked for an explanation as to what is going on. I have also asked that if the situation is not easily fixable then can temporary lighting be placed with a generator (if needed) to provide safe travel during hours of darkeness especially with nights drawing in quicker. I will update on here when I get a reply.

Kind regards and stay safe

Steve