Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Green Bins  (Read 1824 times)

andrewbowden

Re: Green Bins
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 04:10:42 PM »
They've not missed mine recently but the council did say there's been issues due to increases in staff having to self-isolate or testing positive with Covid.    There was a piece in the Evening News about this issue.  Said it could take a couple of weeks to solve, although with Covid rates climbing again in Stockport, it could take longer.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/disruption-stockport-green-bin-collections-20821408

Presumably one person in a lorry crew testing positive will take out a whole bin lorry team - and that's assuming they work in the same teams every day.

Deniseredmini

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 04:08:14 PM »
Just been done now.  Usually done by the time I get home from work.  Panic over!

Condate

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 04:05:38 PM »
Or maybe they just haven't got round everywhere yet.

Condate

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 03:56:45 PM »
We had no collection last week (and the Council web site explained why), but today the green bins have been collected. Presumably, there is some more capacity that last week, but not enough for everywhere.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 03:53:56 PM »
Can any of the councillors on this forum please sort out the bin collection on De Wint Avenue?  We have not had it emptied for two weeks now.  I have tried ringing the council and there is no answer and the online form is of no help.  Many thanks.
Homer drive and that area the same no collections for 2 weeks

Deniseredmini

Green Bins
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 03:46:04 PM »
Can any of the councillors on this forum please sort out the bin collection on De Wint Avenue?  We have not had it emptied for two weeks now.  I have tried ringing the council and there is no answer and the online form is of no help.  Many thanks.