Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Roman Bridge  (Read 1626 times)

Dave

Re: Roman Bridge
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 04:45:25 PM »
I walked across the bridge on Tuesday and it was open, with no sign of any works going on. 

Henry_

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 10:31:36 AM »
Think the work planned to repair flood damage caused by a severe weather event must have been delayed due to another severe weather event

tonyjones

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 11:54:19 AM »
If the plan is to install 20T of scour on the west bank I assume this is to stop the erosion of the bank, thus protecting the foundation of the bridge.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 06:13:20 AM »
This letter was shared with residents nearby and it appears that works were scheduled from yesterday.

It doesn't explain how long the works is expected to take.

They might find it a bit of a challenge with the weather that is on its way this week and I hope the bridge isn't damaged in the expected floods.

It's great that the work is being done but in view of the amount of use that route gets it would perhaps have been helpful to share the news more widely.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

CTCREP

Roman Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 06:47:30 PM »
I have heard that SMBC is to do more work in the Mellor Strines area that will result in Roman Bridge being closed for a while.  That's a pity as it makes a nice circular walk from Marple Bridge via the Peak Forest Ccanal and the Roman Lakes Road.  Any more info?