Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Marple Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1959-60  (Read 1661 times)

Amanda I

Re: Marple Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1959-60
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 10:20:49 PM »
Thanks Mark, I've also contacted Stockport Records Office, who (according to the National Archives) hold the records.... but I'm not optimistic that their contents will be illuminating.... I'll keep you posted...

I'm also wondering/going to see if I can figure out whether Mr (John) Charnley's papers are held anywhere... my parents always said he was my Consultant...

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Marple Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1959-60
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 08:49:07 PM »
Hi @Amanda I

Thank you for sharing this. I'm afraid I can't help with your query but Marple Local History Society may be able to. Contact them here:

https://www.marplelocalhistorysociety.org.uk/society-contacts.html

With regard to the photos, have you discovered the Hospital album on the Virtual History Tour here:

https://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=56

I would be pleased to add any photos you are happy to share to the album for others to see.

Best wishes,

Mark
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Amanda I

Marple Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1959-60
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 06:30:03 PM »
Hi everyone, I was in Marple Children's Orthopaedic Hospital from August 1959 for 14 months. I was only 3-17 months old so I don't remember it at all. I have quite a lot of pix taken by my parents - apart from 1 taken at a party for my first birthday I think they are all of me on a frame (here's one, happy to share more)... I had what's now known as Hip Dysplasia.

The only things I know are that my mother was allowed to come every day - partly because I was a baby and partly because Matron knew my grandmother (from Wales). Apparently the other parents complained that we were getting special treatment...

Does anyone know if the hospital records contain information about individuals?

I'd love to know more about the hospital at this time.

Thanks, Amanda

[attachment deleted by admin]