Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Mellor Country House Appeal Letter  (Read 1071 times)

Margaret Powell

Mellor Country House Appeal Letter
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 08:25:44 PM »
Dear Marple Website Visitors,

Covid-19 temporary closure of Mellor Country House

We are extremely sorry to inform you that Mellor Country House is now closed to visitors until further notice following the government announcement.  The restrictions required to tackle the Coronavirus outbreak has had a significant impact on us all, and unfortunately, and worryingly the majority of our funding has now dried up as it has with many charities.

The community have been wonderful in supporting us and have been very generous in many ways. Being a valued customer and/or contributor, I am appealing to you as we need your help at this difficult time.  As with any household we still face the running costs, bills still have to be paid. We only have one employee, Sharon Adamson as we depend on a great group of volunteers that we could not manage without. Over the last five years we have worked hard to build up reserves (for less than one year), but whatever we have in reserve will now be taken to cover our overheads which are approximately over £45,000, meaning everything we have managed to save will be gone.

We usually really enjoy the Annual Plant Sale and the community spirit it engenders, our highest profile event and biggest single fundraiser selling approximately £22,000 last year. All involved are extremely disappointed that this has been cancelled. At the same time, we have a great team who volunteer at the Etihad Stadium when Manchester City football team play at home, selling pies and pints, receiving 12% of the kiosk takings, raising over £15,000 for the home. Sadly this has also been cancelled for the foreseeable future.

I have not done this before, so I am reaching out to you as we really do need your help at this time. Please help if you can until we reopen and are back to being self-sufficient again.  If you would like to make a donation please visit our website, https://mellorcountryhouse.co.uk and use the donate button to take you through to PayPal Giving. All donations made will be received in full and will go into the pot to keep the home running. We will keep you informed as to how this develops through our web site and Facebook pages, https://www.facebook.com/mellorcountryhouse/

May I take this opportunity to wish you, your family and friends the very best of health in these unprecedented and challenging times. 

Please stay safe and be well,

Kind regards 

Margaret Powell
Chairperson and Fundraiser