Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Parks and open spaces  (Read 1107 times)

CTCREP

Re: Parks and open spaces
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 11:46:50 AM »
The problem with going the Official Route is that in the past the Council have simply blocked off any area that has a problem. At any time thiis is an unsociable thing to do and then they often take months even years before the Council  finally do anything about the problems.

Now in this time of Social Distancing we need to keep as many paths open as possible.  I don't know who decided the Friends Groups had to close - there was a lot of ill considered decisions made at the start of the problem, but now the Government has recognised that Parks should be open, surely the work that they did could be done without infringing the Social Distancing Rules.  There is also the possibility that others. such as those on furlough,  could deal with some other problems such as clearing the drainage channels in Etherow Country Park before the rains turn the paths into quagmires again. 

amazon

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 11:38:51 AM »
That's a tougher question than I thought, I can't see any way to contact the Neighbourhood Team directly on the council web site. I have a number of contacts who I would normally report issues to for Memorial Park but I'm not at liberty to share their email addresses here.

If it is Brabyns or Etherow Park then our Marple North Councillors will probably be able to help you @Steve Gribbon  @Malcolm Allan  or @BeckySenior

So I would try them in the morning. Let me know if you need further help with that.
Thank you .

Malcolm Allan

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 10:25:21 AM »
Dear Amazon,
I'm a volunteer at most of the parks round here and I am in touch with relevant Council officers quite often. If you'd like to let me know the problem I can maybe help and make contact myself. The best way to get me is by my council mail at cllr.malcolm.allan@stockport.gov.uk but all my contacts are listed on line and you can  use whatever is easiest for you.
Malcolm

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 10:06:23 PM »
Need t o contack parks and open spaces about a problem were do they work from do they have email or phone or address ,its not a problem in marple memorial park .

That's a tougher question than I thought, I can't see any way to contact the Neighbourhood Team directly on the council web site. I have a number of contacts who I would normally report issues to for Memorial Park but I'm not at liberty to share their email addresses here.

If it is Brabyns or Etherow Park then our Marple North Councillors will probably be able to help you @Steve Gribbon  @Malcolm Allan  or @BeckySenior

So I would try them in the morning. Let me know if you need further help with that.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

Parks and open spaces
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 12:56:00 PM »
Need t o contack parks and open spaces about a problem were do they work from do they have email or phone or address ,its not a problem in marple memorial park .