Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Hearing Aid Batteries  (Read 1755 times)

wheels

Re: Hearing Aid Batteries
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 04:07:03 PM »
Pleased to hear the system worked.

the rover

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 03:32:24 PM »
Just to keep you updated. I ordered some batteries by email on Tuesday, they were delivered this morning by hand from a bloke driving a large Library van. He gave me 8 packets of 6 batteries, normally I am only given 2 packets by the Library, so in a way I suppose I am stockpiling.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 02:35:36 PM »
Just keeping this thread up-to-date with some other options provided by Cllr Malcolm Allan in the Covid19 thread:

I've picked up the same thing as admin below, so here is a bit more detail and alternatives. Some people depend on getting their hearing aid batteries from the library. Libraries are closed and here are two other options. One is to call Stepping Hill audiology on 0161-419-4183 (audiology@stockport.nhs.uk). Alternatively there is a charity who will assist, called Walthew House on 0161-480-2162 and admin@walthewhouse.org.uk
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

the rover

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 07:52:52 AM »
Thanks Wheels, that is something that has totally slipped my mind, as I normally get them from Marple Library which of course is closed. Just ordered some, see what happens.

wheels

Hearing Aid Batteries
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 04:32:56 PM »
Just came across this which might be of interest to some.

Part of Stockport Libraries role is providing hearing aid batteries for our customers.  As we are closed we are still able to provide this service.  If you need hearing aid batteries please email libraries@stockport.gov.uk telling us your name, address and the type of hearing aid batteries you require or telephone 0161 217 6009 and hold to speak to an operator. Please share with closed Facebook groups to make sure this information reaches as many people as possible.