Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Shan Alexander: Liberal Democrat candidate for Marple South and High Lane 2020  (Read 534 times)

jimblob

She understands that we urgently need to remove some of the speedbumps in our ward to make it safer to travel between Marple South and High Lane.
I see yesterday (Sunday 16th Feb) a Stagecoach bus fell victim to the perilous speed humps on Windehurst just near the Andrews Lane junction. The bus had to be recovered and there's now a healthy gouge in one of the speed tables which will also likely require a repair. When will someone just take a breath, get off their safety high horse and stop building these ridiculous things and use the tarmac for filling in holes rather than creating damaging obstacles that increase air polution, cause noise, cause vehicle damage and restrict the ability of public service vehicles and more importantly emergency vehicles from going about their business. Come on councillors, show us your mettle and instead of endlessly talking about this, admit you got it wrong, that these need to go and DO something about it.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens
--- Woody Allen

jimblob

Shan Alexander: Liberal Democrat candidate for Marple South and High Lane 2020
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:14:09 PM »
She understands that we urgently need to remove some of the speedbumps in our ward to make it safer to travel between Marple South and High Lane.
Are these the same speed humps previously approved by the Marple Area Committee?
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens
--- Woody Allen

Aron Thornley

Shan Alexander: Liberal Democrat candidate for Marple South and High Lane 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 10:29:34 PM »
Shan Alexander was previously a Councillor in the ward of Marple South and High Lane over an 18 year period. She is well-known locally. She has served the ward tirelessly during her career in politics. After taking time off she is feeling refreshed and enthusiastic about coming back to work hard, once again, to help improve our community and fight for our area so that local people can see the changes that the Liberal Democrats have demanded. She wants to see the new pool and recreation centre built as soon as it possibly can be. She opposes the building of the 500 houses in High Lane. She understands that we urgently need to remove some of the speedbumps in our ward to make it safer to travel between Marple South and High Lane. As a local person she understands the current concerns around air pollution, traffic congestion and rat running in Marple South and High Lane; several roads through our ward have seen a significant increase in traffic particularly over the past year since the A555/A6 link was completed.