RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Voting for Brexit  (Read 49853 times)

jimblob

Re: Voting for Brexit
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2019, 04:20:32 PM »
Yes spoiling the ballot paper is definitely an option I'd consider
Glue yourself to a campaign bus? (or William Wragg's front door) ;)

Dave

« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2019, 04:42:03 PM »
Dont vote then but dont moan after .

For once I agree with amazon 😳

mikes

« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »
Yes spoiling the ballot paper is definitely an option I'd consider

andrewbowden

« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2019, 06:48:28 AM »
I take your point that people really ought to vote, but because of first past the post, if your preffered party/candidate isn't one of the two who can realistically win in your consituency, then it really makes no difference if you do or don't vote.

Depends if you have a ranking on those two that are in line.  A worst and a least worst.  If you equate both with the same value then no, it doesn't make a difference

Personally I would always implore people to spoil their ballot in that situation.  Because that is counted.  And if everyone in that situation spoiled their ballot, that would send a message. But not turning up, well that's just ignored.

marpleexile

« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2019, 10:08:41 PM »

2) Vote for the least worst option. At least you've done something.

I take your point that people really ought to vote, but because of first past the post, if your preffered party/candidate isn't one of the two who can realistically win in your consituency, then it really makes no difference if you do or don't vote.

amazon

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »
I have voted in every election since the 1970 one that Ted Heath won and I have never been so disappointed and disillusioned by the quality of the parliamentarians we have today. None of them deserve our vote, they are all appalling.
Dont vote then but dont moan after .

Howard

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2019, 10:26:07 AM »
I have voted in every election since the 1970 one that Ted Heath won and I have never been so disappointed and disillusioned by the quality of the parliamentarians we have today. None of them deserve our vote, they are all appalling.

You have three options:
1) Don't vote. If you take this one then you can have no complaints about the result has you've abnegated any responsibility. In my opinion, a coward's way out.
2) Vote for the least worst option. At least you've done something.
3) Do something about it. Join a political party that represents your views. If you can't find one, set one up yourself. There's never been an easier time in history to use instantaneous communications media that can reach billions of people in one go, as long as what you've got to say resonates with them.

Personally I wish there were compulsory voting. At least then people reap the consequences of their own actions instead of being able to sit back and complain and wash their hands of other people's decisions.

mikes

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2019, 08:22:56 AM »

andrewbowden

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2019, 11:32:25 PM »
hes in london on that date

Well why would you be in your constituency during an election? 

You know what, he may have a valid excuse.  But he last election he was mysteriously ill for the whole thing, and frankly after that anything real just looks like the boy who cried wolf to me.  Especially when he's not the only one avoiding public scrutiny

amazon

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2019, 11:05:46 PM »
Hustings only exist if someone organises them.  Obviously someone has organised one at Dialstone Lane Methodist Church.  It can be reached by getting the 384 bus then walking for 13 minutes according to Google.  It can be reached within 30 minutes.

No one has organised a hustings closer to Marple.  Although based on his form, it seems unlikely Wragg would deem it important to actually attend.
hes in london on that date

andrewbowden

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2019, 09:58:45 PM »
Only by some strange definition of local. It's almost four miles away. By local, I mean within easy walking distance of Marple town centre, as was the case in 2015.

Hustings only exist if someone organises them.  Obviously someone has organised one at Dialstone Lane Methodist Church.  It can be reached by getting the 384 bus then walking for 13 minutes according to Google.  It can be reached within 30 minutes.

No one has organised a hustings closer to Marple.  Although based on his form, it seems unlikely Wragg would deem it important to actually attend.

Condate

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2019, 08:54:07 PM »
What are you on about its a local venue.

Only by some strange definition of local. It's almost four miles away. By local, I mean within easy walking distance of Marple town centre, as was the case in 2015.

wheels

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2019, 06:10:41 PM »
What a bizarre location. I hope there will be something locally, as in 2015, when all the candidates were present at the hustings in Marple.

What are you on about its a local venue.

andrewbowden

« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2019, 11:14:03 AM »
What a bizarre location. I hope there will be something locally, as in 2015, when all the candidates were present at the hustings in Marple.

It's in the Hazel Grove Constituency so not that bizairre. 

Condate

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2019, 10:53:59 AM »
Dialstone Methodist Church tomorrow at 10am.