Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Hare and Hounds  (Read 2204 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Hare and Hounds
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »
At the end of my last year at Marple Hall (aged 19 and a prefect!) I sloped off at lunchtime, with the other 6th form leavers, to the Hare & Hounds. The Headmaster - Reginald Hill - caught us (I think the landlord may have shopped us!). He stood in the pub in front of an audience and gave us such a dressing down about leaving school with out permission. But worse than that - he shamed us thoroughly by saying we had let him down and we'd set a bad example to the younger pupils!

Never been in the H&H since but I remember the incident every time I drive past!

wheels

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:29:15 AM »
That's correct the lease is up and Hydes and the landlord can't agree a lease.  The place badly needs a refurb but as you say clearly Hydes want to maintain it as a pub. I think it closes about 11th September,.

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 10:24:13 PM »
I see the Hare and Hounds on Dooley Lane is due to close in mid September,  there is currently a To Let sign outside.

It has been on the market for a few months with a free of tie lease.  Presumably it's only leased by Hydes, and their lease is not being renewed.

At least it's being marketed as a pub...

wheels

Hare and Hounds
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:26:19 PM »
I see the Hare and Hounds on Dooley Lane is due to close in mid September,  there is currently a To Let sign outside.