A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Can you help with an old reel-to-reel tape recorder?  (Read 1428 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Can you help with an old reel-to-reel tape recorder?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 12:16:51 PM »
Hmm, I wonder if he can do anything with my radio. It's like this one - Bush DAC 90 A - Vintage MW / LW Valve Bakelite Radio. (There's a picture on Ebay although mine is not quite as shine-y as that one anymore.)

It's 2 months older than me (bought from the radio and later television shop on the corner of Market Street and Derby Street
(was the name Albert Bennett or possibly Harold Bennett?).

After Mum & Dad "modernised" I took charge of it and it saw me through college and various job and house moves, although the number of channels it can get have diminished as it can't get many modern wavelengths. It gets the cricket on the Light Programme though (but you have to sit next to it as it doesn't blast out sound like modern radios do). It could do with a service as its casing is a bit dull and its insides need dusting!

MarpleHarry

Re: Can you help with an old reel-to-reel tape recorder?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 05:47:22 PM »
Have you tried Martin at Lightning Repairs ? - www.lightningrepairs.com 427 8181 based in Marple Bridge

repaired a record player of mine recently - if he can't repair it he may have access to another one

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Can you help with an old reel-to-reel tape recorder?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 01:09:18 PM »
Does anyone have the skills and time to repair one of these?

Or do you have one that works we can borrow?

It's a Ferguson 3210 reel-to-reel magnetic tape player and we need it fixed (or the use of a similar item) so that we can investigate some tape recordings that may relate to local events in the late 1960s. This one that came with the tapes from a house clearance plays but doesn't have the strength to pull the tape through properly atm. FF, REW and Pause also don't work at all :)

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website