Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Charity Do  (Read 762 times)

Lisa Oldham

Charity Do
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »
My sister Babs, and her husband Vince are having their annual charity do at their home on Bowden Lane on 29th June.
We've got a little website at www.abitofado.org.uk  telling everyone about it and why they do it.

Firstly there's about 20 tickets left if anyone is interested? We're asking for a £40 donation which gets you a prosecco welcome drink, 3 course home cooked meal from Euro or/and  Asian menus, an auction, a raffle, live music, compere entertainment, a disco and a bar.
Babs and Vince take no costs, if its not donated then they cover the costs themselves. Donations can be made via the justgiving pages on the website.

Last year it was for 50 ladies and we raised £7000 after Gift Aid for Breast Cancer Now via Legacy4Lucy.  This year we are inviting the blokes too and there will be 100 guests and we will be raising money for Prostate Cancer UK as 'well.

Secondly, we're after auction and raffle prizes!

Babs has been going round with letters and information but if there's anyone shes missed by accident is there anything you can offer us?  We know its a nightmare for local businesses as they get an awful lot of requests from different groups and always give generously.  Obviously we will have whatever anyone offers us! However we've tried to come up with something a little different that would encourage our winners to keep using our supporters businesses and I wondered if anyone would like to try it?

We are hoping to get offers of a cup of coffee a week, or a loaf of bread, a cocktail a month or a garlic bread, a bag of sausages/carrots/pies/pint!)Anything  that would encourage our winners to keep going back and maybe purchase something to go with their prize.

If anyone wants more information let me know :)