Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Marple Area Committee meetings-A question for candidates.  (Read 2008 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Marple Area Committee meetings-A question for candidates.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 08:24:19 PM »
I wasn’t aware of that Wheels.

Regarding Marple North, Malcolm and I had a really good cross party working relationship with Annette Finney, it’s something we value highly. As only Becky Senior came to the Committee meetings from North and learnt about what goes on we are both unsure why this is, last campaign different party candidates came to see but this year 3 local parties had no representative all year. I’m not asking for arguments sake as I’m not here to argue but there is genuine intrigue as to why not one meeting had attendance by many candidates.

Kind regards

Steve

wheels

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 09:19:54 AM »
Thank you for that Steve, when I check on the Council's own website I see that the missing Councillor (Cllr Blair) has the worst attendance record of all Marple councillors across the year. Thanks for the information.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 12:04:15 AM »
Not last night wheels. Apologies were sent.

Kind regards

Steve

wheels

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 11:22:10 PM »
That's interesting information Steve, but I assume you also had there the Marple South candidate who appears to live in a different town in fact a totally different local authority area?

Steve Gribbon

Marple Area Committee meetings-A question for candidates.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 10:45:26 PM »
Good evening

Last night was the final Marple Area Committee before election time. Before getting elected last year I attended several meetings to understand how they ran, the procedures that must be adhered to and to meet some regular attendees. I found it invaluable, especially in my first couple of meetings.

This year only Aron Thornley (Marple South) and Becky Senior (Marple North) have attended meetings as candidates which has amazed me. I was positive that last night being the final pre election meeting would have seen candidates attend but was very surprised to see not one newcomer. The meetings are an incredibly important part of the work that we do so I am intrigued into knowing why there has been no attendance by several candidates this year. I appreciate they are on webcam but that doesn't replace being there in the audience. I am sure that all Councillors would have been happy to chat with candidates if they came along, it was a shame that only 2 did so. Some feedback from candidates would be very welcome. 

I’d also like to thank Annette Finney for the work she has done in Marple North. Annette Malcolm Allan and I have worked well together, Annette has been a big help in a variety of issues that we have all been involved in.

Kind regards

Steve